Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The RWC starts Friday first match is France vs Argentina... don't see any banter about Rugby.

Football(Soccer):
A gentleman's sport played by hooligans

Rugby:
A hooligan's sport played by gentlemen

So who is going to take the Cup this year, you think England has it in them to repeat. How about the All Blacks is it theirs this year. The Springboks swear they are going to take the cup. Finally what of the Eagles, will USA finally prove they are ready for the big time. Myself i am rooting for Wales...

·
yuckson
1,974 Posts
Football(Soccer):
A gentleman's sport played by hooligans

Rugby:
A hooligan's sport played by gentlemen
Trolling with flame bait! Just for that I'm supporting for the All Blacks! And Wales to be involved in the first nasty eye-gouging incident :D

I was actually considering watching some and trying to figure it out, the sport's variations have me a little confused and I'd like to at least know what's going on. I've known a loot of rugby players over the years that were playing soccer for lack of rugby, and yes, all first class gentlemen, by someone's definition I'm sure :D

·
Silverback
2,607 Posts
The betting line has the All Blacks as prohibitive favorites. I am a fan of the French. Partly because I love the fast back play partly because I have spent a lot of time there. Of course I'm rooting for the states but it would be a miracle for them to get out of their group let alone make a serious run. I have Setanta so I will be watching or tivoing most of the games. I'm thinking we need to have some kind of world cup contest.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Argentina upset France

New Zealand FRIGGING CRUSHED Italy... crushed them...

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Australia just crushed Japan...

Next up England (reigning World Cup Holders) vs. USA I would love to see an upset but I really don't think it will happen.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Argentina upset France

New Zealand FRIGGING CRUSHED Italy... crushed them...
Australia just crushed Japan...

Next up England (reigning World Cup Holders) vs. USA I would love to see an upset but I really don't think it will happen.
Well England as expected beat USA but it was not a crushing defeat, England either held back or...

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Gotta cheer for the Eagles, what's up with all the Americans supporting the All Blacks?! We were talking about this at one of my hospitals, most Americans have no ties to NZ, let's let them cheer for their boys, we have our own team to cheer on! We gotta root for the old Red, White, and Blue baby!!!

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gotta cheer for the Eagles, what's up with all the Americans supporting the All Blacks?! We were talking about this at one of my hospitals, most Americans have no ties to NZ, let's let them cheer for their boys, we have our own team to cheer on! We gotta root for the old Red, White, and Blue baby!!!
I think most Americans root for the All Blacks because they think they are still Champions. The All Blacks are like the Cowboys of Gridiron Football... either hated or loved.

Personally I root for USA but Rugby Football it is just not that popular in the USA even though USA is the reigning Olympic Gold Medal team.

·
Registered
11,175 Posts
I think most Americans root for the All Blacks because they think they are still Champions. The All Blacks are like the Cowboys of Gridiron Football... either hated or loved.

Personally I root for USA but Rugby Football it is just not that popular in the USA even though USA is the reigning Olympic Gold Medal team.
I started following them in the USMC. A friend of mine played for a team. He got me going with it. He followed the All Blacks.

·
The Screamin' Eagle \m/
3,114 Posts
GO BOKKE GO!

All Blacks to be beaten by the Springboks in the final....

·
The Screamin' Eagle \m/
3,114 Posts
Live on ITV :D

Bryan Habana is the stuff legends are made of. He's just simply fantastic.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.