Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Misplaced
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since the last two years were disaters, as we tried to do it at night and in the DC area, Holiday party's are almost always disasters if poorly planned...we decided to shut down at 1 on Friday and go to the local Irish Pub on Fri. Now, I do not like the majority of people I work with, BUT that is at work. It's cool when we can go and have a late lunch, change out our uniforms, and have some suds. Plus, that's one step closer to Christmas! WOOHOO!

·
Registered
988 Posts
They rented out a hall and charge $25/ticket. Starts at 1pm on a Thursday. Attendees get the rest of the day off, everyone else has to work.

Somehow I always get stuck with the 'gotta be done before the new year' projects, haven't been to one yet :mad:

·
Misplaced
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wife's work party is Friday night. It's a black-tie affair. My wife's boss's husband is going to be there, and he smokes (cigarettes). My wife said we could go outside and smoke and that he'll probably smoke a cigar if I give him one. Yeah, like I'm gonna give him one of my VSGs! Gotta locate my dog rocket stash! Tis' the season for giving! :r

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
I took the office out to dinner.

Great dinner at a local country club gave them their bonuses and wished them all a Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
nada... nothing... we are a very small office, most of our staff work outside of office... so, it is usually just Myself, the Service Manager, and the Boss. he will hand out Christmas bonus, it may not be much depends on business but he tries to give you something. One year ias part of the bonus for us he gave our kids $200.00 each.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
My company is having a dinner from 1-4PM Thurs. I got roped into playing Christmas Carols again, that mean I have to drag my guitar into work. This isn't too bad, my co-worker has to lug his upright bass in, too bad for him:D.

·
no..not THAT Dave!
13,657 Posts
Heres a nice scrooge story...
My best friends wifes office is offering their people to take a hour and a half off to go to a restaurant and pay for their own meal :r

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
My company is pretty big so we are renting out the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. Not really sure of the theme but it usually pretty cool. More formal but no tuxedos. With almost 2k people on campus, should be a great time out.

·
More, more, more
2,552 Posts
My best friends wifes office is offering their people to take a hour and a half off to go to a restaurant and pay for their own meal :r
Dude...that blows!

I work in the Dean's office of an engineering school; our office hosts a large gathering for all the faculty, Dean's staff, distinguished alumni, and heads of corporations this Friday. It's a formal event, with loads of great food and an open bar (shhh!). There's nothing like seeing the guy who designed much of Intel and AMD's processor technology get shnockered and play [email protected] with his wife and the chair of the electrical engineering department...

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Dinner/drinks at the country club. I smoked a Mag46, passed out a few cigars from the humidor I keep in my locker, and drank half a liter of scotch. All was well.

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
My company party is this Saturday. I'm gonna blackout. :al It's just good work party etiquette. :D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I work for a large co., so our small dept will go out for a nice lunch, and then call it a day afterwards. Works for me....

·
A$ylum MassHole!
4,003 Posts
Nothing... feel the Holiday Spirit! :ss

·
Pedestrian
614 Posts
Admirals hockey game (two free tickets), then probably the bar. I work for a smaller company, everyone is laid back, almost too far, lol.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey that's not funny! That's what my office is doing too. This is my first year here so I thought my co-workers were joking when they said we have to pay for our own meal... but it is no joke. I guess they see it as being generous that we get a whole 30 minutes extra for lunch... we're sooo lucky. hehe :)

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
Once we get all the Buoys changed over to winter markers, we'll get 4 hours off, have our usual Christmas dinner of lobster tail, fillet migon, scallops, shrimp, and free booze for the ones that drink. But not everyone can get blitzed as we are still on 1hr standby for ice breaking and search & rescue.:chk:chk

forgot...all the Officers do the cooking, and the youngest crew member is made Capt. for the dinner.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts