Cigar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would ask everyone a simple, yet difficult question - What is your favorite ISOM?

:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I could smoke a Partagas Short any time, any day, so I guess that is my favorite; it may not always be my first choice, though. Depending on the situation I might want something else.

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Wetterhorn said:
Thought I would ask everyone a simple, yet difficult question - What is your favorite ISOM?

:)
I'd hate to be the same as the other guys, but I love my party shorts. The fact that I didn't have to age them 3 years to be smoking well or sell a kidney for a cabinet also helps.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I have only had 4 ISOM's but I have to say I enjoyed the Monte number 2 the best. Followed by the Cohiba Robusto. Then the HdM something not sure and finally some machine mad hand wrapped cigar in a silver tube that got in canada at a bad novalty shop.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I apologize if this seems like a funny way to answer your question -- but my favorite really changes depending on the situation, like the people I'm with, the amount of time I have, if it is to be a late morning or afternoon or before dinner or after dinner smoke... I seem to have favorites for the various situations.

Fav. EL = Cohiba DC
Fav. Sunday Morning Smoke = HdM Epi # 2
Fav. because I don't have time for a Dbl Corona = H. Upmann Mag 46
Fav. "2nd Tier" Habana = Sancho Panza Beli or Juan Lopez No. 1, etc.....

·
-
11,412 Posts
there are so many good ones to choose from, Doc is right, it depends on the situation.

the best i've ever had has been a PSD4 that was so on!
a good RASS is hard to beat as well, boli pcs, sc el principe, lgc mdo #4, vr da (the only 1 i had tasted like cinnamon cookie dough).

if i were to have 1 cigar, of the ones i've ever had, it would be the PSD4. i love the partagas taste, right now. although the last few Epi #2s i've had were great. so was the last JL #2... :rolleyes:

i'll get back with you on this tomorrow night. :D

the BBF i had tonight wasn't as good as they have been, but i know they'll come around. i probably should've had that RAG i was given by "the lobster" on CW.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
poker said:
Haut Briones (when I can get em) :)
Man I can never get close to those taste buds.

DocRKS said:
Fav. EL = Cohiba DC
Fav. Sunday Morning Smoke = HdM Epi # 2
Fav. because I don't have time for a Dbl Corona = H. Upmann Mag 46
Fav. "2nd Tier" Habana = Sancho Panza Beli or Juan Lopez No. 1, etc.....
DocRKS, I like your tastebuds. You gotta come herf sometime.

My all time fave is still the Cohiba Lancero!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Although I love my H. Upmans, my favorite was a few Hoya de Monterey 2001 Limited edtions I got and let sit for a year in the humidor. I only have one left, it's going to wait for a very special occasion before it goes under the match.

-Smoke Ring-

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My favorite is any from the Diplomatico family. I find them to be creamy and complex.

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
SeanGAR said:
I'd hate to be the same as the other guys, but I love my party shorts. The fact that I didn't have to age them 3 years to be smoking well or sell a kidney for a cabinet also helps.
Have to agree with you there.....plus they just tast soooo good.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd have to say my all around current favorite is the RASS. I love it's complexity and the unique flavors that always pop up in the last 3rd of this robusto. I too am in the majority as I am a fan of the spicy,peppery cabinet versions of the Partagas shorts and the milder creamier dress box versions of the shorts when in need of a small stogie. I am also becoming a pretty big fan of the BBF, though I have only sampled about a half dozen of these from one box.

I am in the extreme minority in that I am not that fond of the PSD#4...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts