Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,170 Posts
The Clorox bottling plant.I have picked up plenty of loads there on Saturday.
:boxing:probably not what you were looking for tho.LOL

· Zen Master ZingTwang
1,450 Posts
If I were you I would have lunch at the Colombia Restaurant at 2117 E. 7th Ave.

Then I would wander over to El Sol Cigars at 1728 E 7th Ave. My favorites.

Try Metropolitan Cigars also.

And the little museum there is cool:Ybor City Museum and State Park. 1818 E 9th Ave.

There was another cigar shop on 7th that had a couple guys rolling cigars but I can't remember the name.

My sister lives in Tampa so I check out Ybor when I'm visiting. It's a cool little city within a city. There are a few clubs but I'm not a drinker so I can't say what they are like.

All the places I mentioned are open Saturday. Have fun!

· Registered
789 Posts
If I were you I would have lunch at the Colombia Restaurant at 2117 E. 7th Ave.

Then I would wander over to El Sol Cigars at 1728 E 7th Ave. My favorites.

Try Metropolitan Cigars also.

And the little museum there is cool:Ybor City Museum and State Park. 1818 E 9th Ave.

There was another cigar shop on 7th that had a couple guys rolling cigars but I can't remember the name.

My sister lives in Tampa so I check out Ybor when I'm visiting. It's a cool little city within a city. There are a few clubs but I'm not a drinker so I can't say what they are like.

All the places I mentioned are open Saturday. Have fun!
The Colombia is a fun place. Haven't been in years, but they had flamenco dancers when I was there.

Enjoy.

· Who's Your Pug Daddy
997 Posts
Ummm... Go to Tampa Sweethearts in the old Arturo Fuente factory and get Anejos and Fuente sticks at a steal. Sometimes Opus X too.

Last time I was there I bought from Arturo Fuente, Jr.

· Newbie/Oldie
726 Posts
Start on one side of 7th Avenue and just start walking west from the Columbia restaurant. You'll see a load of interesting places, smoke shops, rollers, etc. Stop at King Corona Cigar Lounge. Get the King Cuban sandwich and you'll be addicted the rest of your life. Sit outside at the table and enjoy a smoke with good folks.

Cross the street and wander back to the east. You'll see El Sol and a bunch of other places. Metropolitan Cigars is at the end where you started out. Do stop by the La Herencia de Cuba shop on the south side of the street and no, that's not the same cigar that you see online. These are made there in four different blends ranging from mild to medium/full. Very tasty smokes. The guy has a good product but very lazy in pushing the smokes. As long as he is happy, I reckon.

Definitely go by Tampa Sweethearts and be sure to tell Darlene I said hello. I'm in love with any woman that calls herself "the Cigar Girl"!! You can get some great deals there. Ybor City is a place that you stroll around and not rush. Enjoy.

· random *********
930 Posts
i highly recommend the scallops and the cuban from the columbia. start there and get your belly full then make your way to king corona for a cafe con leche. as everyone else stated you can stop by all the shops along the way. i've had several of the hand rolled blends and find them to be nothing special. they are pretty inconsistent IMO.

· random *********
930 Posts
I thought Ybor city was lame. Big disappointment!
it's okay, i'd say it's more a cultural thing. the same crowd generally hangs out there everyday.

at night you have to worry about the thugs/wannna be's. honestly if you are looking for a place to smoke and hang out edwards pipe and tobacco is decent and the people there are generally pretty cool and it's technically closer to TIA than ybor.

i would suggest la teresita which is on columbus (5 mins away from TIA) and then hit up all the b&m's in the area.

· random *********
930 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like El Sol is open on Saturdays. Tampa Sweethearts is closed on Sat after 1pm. (Doesn't look like I'll make it, since my flight lands at noon)

I'll try Columbian restaurant. Their website looks interesting.
if you end up there order the scallops casimiro and if you have time (takes 30 minutes to prepare) the paella espanola. both are great, if you dont have 30 minutes to wait then get the cuban =P

· CigarDar
3 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like El Sol is open on Saturdays. Tampa Sweethearts is closed on Sat after 1pm. (Doesn't look like I'll make it, since my flight lands at noon)

I'll try Columbian restaurant. Their website looks interesting.
:welcome: So you'll be in Ybor for March 27th... Good timing for the Italian Festival weekend. That's where Tampa Sweethearts will be right in Centennial Park in Ybor City March 27 & 28th. Tampa Sweethearts is open till 1pm on Saturday's, but sometimes we are there as late as 230pm. The best thing to do is call and we can wait for you or you can catch us at the festival that day. You will be sure to meet Arturo Fuente Jr. if you come to the festival.

and PS-- try Carmine's or La Tropicana on 7th avenue for a good cuban sandwich and deviled crab!

hope to c u!

CigarDar:smoke2:

· Banned
18,523 Posts
Start on one side of 7th Avenue and just start walking west from the Columbia restaurant. You'll see a load of interesting places, smoke shops, rollers, etc. Stop at King Corona Cigar Lounge. Get the King Cuban sandwich and you'll be addicted the rest of your life. Sit outside at the table and enjoy a smoke with good folks.

Cross the street and wander back to the east. You'll see El Sol and a bunch of other places. Metropolitan Cigars is at the end where you started out. Do stop by the La Herencia de Cuba shop on the south side of the street and no, that's not the same cigar that you see online. These are made there in four different blends ranging from mild to medium/full. Very tasty smokes. The guy has a good product but very lazy in pushing the smokes. As long as he is happy, I reckon.

Definitely go by Tampa Sweethearts and be sure to tell Darlene I said hello. I'm in love with any woman that calls herself "the Cigar Girl"!! You can get some great deals there. Ybor City is a place that you stroll around and not rush. Enjoy.
:welcome: So you'll be in Ybor for March 27th... Good timing for the Italian Festival weekend. That's where Tampa Sweethearts will be right in Centennial Park in Ybor City March 27 & 28th. Tampa Sweethearts is open till 1pm on Saturday's, but sometimes we are there as late as 230pm. The best thing to do is call and we can wait for you or you can catch us at the festival that day. You will be sure to meet Arturo Fuente Jr. if you come to the festival.

and PS-- try Carmine's or La Tropicana on 7th avenue for a good cuban sandwich and deviled crab!

hope to c u!

Sounds like the making of a Road Trip to me for March 27-28th,,,,anyone from Ga.?

· Newbie/Oldie
726 Posts

hope to c u!

Hello Darlene!!! Gentlemen, may I present.... Darlene the Cigar Girl!!! :beerchug:

· CigarDar
3 Posts
I'm actually going to Tampa in March or April for business. Just don't know when yet. Looks like I need to bump the trip up if possible.
well if you miss out in March, we have Ybor Aficionado Days on April 9th weekend... It's not as big as the Italian Festival, but it's a smaller event that celebrates the first hand rolled cigar in Ybor City back in April 1886. :clap2:

· Who's Your Pug Daddy
997 Posts
Nanny nanny boo boo...

Guess where I am right NOW!

Got a nice small haul at Tampa Sweethearts including Anejos, Opus x, Don Carlos, BTL, and rosado 8-5-8s

The Columbia had a 45 minute wait, so we're at La Tropicana having Cuban Sandwiches, deviled crab, and stuffed potatoes.

· Viejo Maduro
751 Posts
Nanny nanny boo boo...

Guess where I am right NOW!

Got a nice small haul at Tampa Sweethearts including Anejos, Opus x, Don Carlos, BTL, and rosado 8-5-8s

The Columbia had a 45 minute wait, so we're at La Tropicana having Cuban Sandwiches, deviled crab, and stuffed potatoes.
Bastage!!! :cheeky:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.