Cigar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the time of consolidation draws near, was just wondering if there was any detail that could be shared. We can see the puffer fish parking page, and it has not changed.

It's a few weeks away so there has to be some detail on things to start giving a few hints on.

What has been discussed regarding the Discussion Forums and a few questions:

Clubstogie.com
Cigarlive.com
Cigar-review.com

All merged into one larger forum. Each has a "clubhouse" viewable only if you log on with your forum specific name?

1. Are all the existing forums and threads going to be in the merged common Puff areas? If not, what will move to the clubhouses?

2. Related question, what forums will be in the clubhouse area even if they are new and empty?

3. If you were a member of more than one of the forums do you need to log on with a forum specific user name.. Da klugs-cs to see the Club Stogie clubhouse and Da Klugs-cl to see the cigar live clubhouse or will this be taken care of automatically?

4. Are you willing to commit to these clubhouse areas being permanent or do you view them as transitional?

5. There are forum specific features that are utilized differently between the three forums. How does this all work in the new forum..

Ring Gauge/reputation
Trader Ratings
User Notes
Friends
Bombing address / Keeper of the Rolodex
etc.

6. There are folks who have been banned on one or more of the boards. What should they expect on PUff.com? Going to start with a clean slate or carry forward these user name/IP address bans from any of the 3 to the new overall board?

7. There are Plug-ins that vary across the 3 boards but using the ones here, will these still be here?

Chat
Blogs
Games
CS Radio
CS Poker

8. What is the good news? New, better, cooler etc that is going to enhance the experience of all members in the new environment?

Cigar-Review and Top 25 Cigar have empirical review type content.

1. How does this get integrated into the new site?
2. Will cigar reviews still be separate or somehow linked to the empirical ratings systems in top25?

Generally speaking, there is obviously much work being done to get things off the ground. Any reason it needs to be a secret and not give a few heads-up, here is whats coming, type of communications? Maybe some screen shots of what the new place is gonna look like?

· the fiend Davy Jones
2,879 Posts
All very good questions indeed, Dave.

I know Jon, Paul & all the other Beetles :)D:D - to be clear, not cigar beetles) have been working really hard to get Puff goin' live; I, for one, can't wait, to see it! :tu:tu

Do it live, fellas. (see the Youtube in my sig)

· Banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sit tight..all will be revealed soon enough ;)
:r Fine.

Reminds me of this old joke from Boy Scouts...

Miner is walking through the hills with his donkey.
Donkey is tired and needs water.
Donkey says " When can we stop I need water"
Miner says "Patience Jackass, Patience".

They go a bit further over some hills..
Donkey, "When Will I get some water"
Miner, " patience Jackass patience".

Another mile and...
Donkey, "I'm, so tired when can we stop".
Miner, "Patience Jackass Patience".

You keep telling it until someone you are telling the joke to throws up their hands and says.. "whats the point"/ "get to the end" ?

At which time you use the punch line, "Patience Jackass Patience".

Call me Millie :r

· www.stogietorch.com
3,409 Posts
does the donkey ever get too tired to move anymore? Perhaps he just decides to go carnivorous and eat the miner to get moisture from his blood? The Donkey, being much larger than the miner, may get tired enough, stumble and hurt the miner when falling on him?

You and your allegorical references make my head hurt, Klugsie!!

· Banned
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good one! :tu

But absent information it's easy for many to take a negative view on an uncertain future which may not necessarily be accurate from each persons perspective.

· Registered
5,786 Posts
Ill try again but this time alternate my virtual tone for a more firmer yet jovial affect

Sit tight..all will be revealed soon enough ;)
As I gallop through this thread, the old editor in me comes out.......

Something may be firm..........it may become more firm.............but "more firmer"???:r:r:confused::confused:

Not so much:D

Will there be editorial staff at the new site?

· Registered
2,721 Posts
This brings up an interesting question.

If the flying monkeys from Wizard of Oz were riding Harley's, could they take a pack of Steve Larmers?

· Registered
29,957 Posts
flying Icehog3s would scare me a sh!tload more than a couple weenie ass flying monkeys or evil piranha blowfish.
If I could only fly, I'd be the luckiest icehog in the World! :D

Cmon a evil pufferfish with large teeth would kick the crap out of a flying icehog.
Cripes, Jon....even ice ice icehog could take the pufferfish! :r

I'm betting on the icehog.

MCS
Thank you MCS....I am in love with you! :D

This brings up an interesting question.

If the flying monkeys from Wizard of Oz were riding Harley's, could they take a pack of Steve Larmers?
That, my friend, is the real question. ;) :r

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.