Cigar Forums banner

What do you listen to?

Tags
listen
2K views 31 replies 24 participants last post by  The Dutch 
#1 ·
Are there any preferences for listening during a cigar experience? I prefer low classical (usually mozart) in the background...

Does music effect the experience positively or negatively?

#2 ·
I actually prefer to listen to nothing, usually drinking a beer or red wine. I know the smoke is working when I finally relax and start hearing the birds or the noises in the neighborhood or the wind. In short, when I can hear the silence.

#5 ·
galaga said:
I actually prefer to listen to nothing, I know the smoke is working when I finally relax and start hearing the birds or the noises in the neighborhood or the wind. In short, when I can hear the silence.
There ya go.

#6 ·
All depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm in more of a lets get drunk and rowdy and smoke cigars and rock and blues is good. Sometimes I feel refined and a glass of scotch or wine and cigar and classical is good. Sometimes I just want to chill out and read and smoke, so nothing in the background is good for that.

#7 ·
I often enjoy a cigar while watching or listening to a sporting event at home. I also like to smoke a cigar while watching the O'Reilly Factor on Fox News.

I don't listen to music much while I smoke unless I am at the American Legion. Even then, I often watch a sporting event on the television without the sound.

:)

#11 ·
311, which most of you old fogies have probably never heard of. :D

They are a mix of rock, funk, jazz, reggae, blues, and rap (if you can imagine that). They have a lot of good rock songs but also have a lot of great slow jazz and reggae type songs to chill out on. Great for relaxing and smokin a cigar.

#17 ·
SeanGAR said:
I'm mainly a back porch/sunset smoker. If I were to smoke near a stereo, I'd probably put Glenn Gould on.
Me twice! I love to sit on mt front Deck,and enjoy the sounds of the stars.I live in a rural setting,and there's not much light,or noise polution out here,so a BIG glass of bourbon,a nice BIG cigar and the stars is all I need to relax....Of course this can be ruined by my wife comming out of the house,and spewing out my itenerary for the next day :D :D

#19 ·
Since I usually Smoke out on my back deck. I don't listen to the radio that much. However when I do, it depends on the time of the day. In the morning or afternoon it is usually talk radio of the right wing persuasion. In the evening either Enya or some mellow country music.

#20 ·
Blues.... most recently Keb' Mo, Tab Benoit, Jimmy Thackery, Anders Osborne, etc., etc. Really enjoy Cajun/Swamp blues lately. In the car, it's exit 74 off the XM highway. :)

#22 ·
(909) said:
Donovan Frankenreiter, surfer from So Cal. Really laid back like Jack Johnson. It's got a 70's kind of feel.
Oh yeah, Jack Johnson is GREAT cigar music, and any other time as a matter of fact. Really laid back and mellow, just like a good cigar.

#24 ·
Churchlady said:
Man, do we have an eclectic group here or what?
Well, since you asked, i could go anywhere from Gregorian Chants, Sade...to...Hatebreed or Slipknot...go figure :r :D It all depends on the mood, although sitting in my backyard in my comfy chair listening to the "sounds of the forest" is much more appealing

#26 ·
galaga said:
And I thought I was the only person in the world with an album of Gregorian Chants --- or is yours a CD
I've got almost twenty CD's believe it or not! I'm a Metalhead by nature but my brother, God rest his soul, listened to them all the time when i was growing up ( he was 15 years older). There is such a peaceful feeling to them...it gives me goosebumps. His extensive album collection is still in his room at my parents home...someday they will be part of my family :) . There is a time and place for everything, sometimes you want the softness of a feather and other times you want a CHAINSAW :r .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.