Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
CAO Flathead 660. Holy smokes! This stick is amazing. I’m ashamed I just smoked my first one, definitely box worthy

And definitely not a morning / empty stomach smoke, I had to eat a sugar pack and sit with the AC on high for a few minutes afterwards!

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Got bombed with a couple "mystery" cigars from @s1n3 n0m1n3. A HUGE thank you for this opportunity to try a few without any preconceived reports on what they were so it was a great blind review on just a cigar and not a label or name that expects certain expectations.

Number "1" , incredible pre light smell of a classic cigar.....hard to explain, but reminded me of being young and first smelling a cigar and being enamored with the idea of them.

First cigar of the day, no "strength" to be had, only pure enjoyment of tasting almost a light sweet leather with fruit notes. Retrohale was smooth as the smoke. A long sharp finish after each puff that Stayed primarily on the tongue and not a whole mouth feel that accentuated the taste. Took this down to the nub till it was too hot to hold. Perfect anytime smoke, as I hadn't had anything to eat or drink yet this morning.

Razor burn throughout, zero touch ups. Amazing cigar.

Finally able to sit and actually enjoy a cigar after Hurricane Laura and all the clean up and overtime we've been pulling.

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Mystery Stick #2
@s1n3 n0m1n3

Upon inspection I was doubting if it was going to be smokable. Stout in a word, VERY firm feel throughout, and weighed more than larger ring sized cigars I had with me. So surprised the hell out of me with its perfect draw (in my limited experience). I was really thinking she was going to be plugged but she smoked like a champ!

No over powering notes on the pre-light but started off with......a subtle.....sweet dried date taste on the finish which grew through the first 2/3rds. Plumes of smoke through the duration. The retrohale was a bit sharper than I was expecting ..... a bakers spice (?) introduced itself on the back end. Mild body throughout till I hit that last 3rd. Strength stepped up on that last 3rd and a dry coco hint with the sweet date was nice, not "strong" by any measure, just turned up a bit. I was really digging that last bit of transitions then the last inch she tunneled on me and with not enough to hold and touch up the outer wrapper.....alas, it was over.

The initial ash held tight for over half the smoke before a semi passed and the wind knocked it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
My apologies to the community if this disrupted the flow of this. I always enjoyed reading a little about the cigars all the members post pictures of. Help a new fella like me maybe pick one up if it sounded like my cup o tea. Vs watching 10 video of “professional” reviewers.

Again. My apologies to all I disrupted.

Jason.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts