Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Firearms, mostly. 3 Position (Olympic) Rifle is the game of choice, but I try to get in some highpower and benchrest rifle once in a while. Don't do much handgun, although I should.

Fortunately, cigars are a HECK of alot cheaper than guns. Keeps Mrs. ScottM happy!

Scott"gunslinger"M

Oh, yeah...add getting up REALLY EARLY 'cuz I gotta work! THAT'S a fun hobby, too!

·
Registered
662 Posts
i like food, hence my hefty midriff.

i like comics- mailny I like drawing them more than reading them. I own about two shelves of comics so I like them but I'm not some insane collector.

i love movies and cartoons.

i love Mystery Science Theater 3000... this deserves it's own category. I buy these and rent these all I possiibly can.

i love to rock! I play bass and sing in my band and love it, I also love writing the music. But nothing compares to the thrill of rocking a show... in fact the biggest show I've played is happening Friday. I'm way excited right now.
-eef

·
Registered
718 Posts
I run. Have completed 5 marathons. Hoping to do my 6th in March, but only if the local weather conditions allow me to get in the necessary training. And yes, I have been known to celebrate a good run with a good cigar. Go figure.

I started taking Tae Kwon Do classes this past July. My 14 yr old son has been at it for over 3 yrs, and is coming up on his black belt test in Feb. It has proven to be a way for me to stay connected with him. Anything I can do to delay the day that he determines I'm an idiot is worth doing.

I try to make time for family, which includes hikes, board games, movies, what have you. Somewhere in there I attempt to read a book every now and again.

I majored in Classical guitar in college. Sad to say, life has gotten in the way, and I almost never make time for music anymore. I enjoy music mostly through my kids now. Son plays double bass in orchestra, and daughter plays alto sax in band. I keep saying I'll make time, but it seems I have other priorities these days.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The other demon in my life is coffee too. It seems like alot of us break pretty evenly into scotch or coffee fanatics, and since scotch doesn't help me get to work, the store, or even the living room any better, I side with coffee.

Thank god there's no coffeebid.com Though there is intelligentsia...

·
Registered
727 Posts
I am in to long distance backpacking. I am about to embark on a 2175 mile trip to Maine. I also enjoy music and tattoos. I have played the bass guitar for most of my life, and when I get back from the trail, I hope to start another band.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
drc said:
I started taking Tae Kwon Do classes this past July. My 14 yr old son has been at it for over 3 yrs, and is coming up on his black belt test in Feb. It has proven to be a way for me to stay connected with him. Anything I can do to delay the day that he determines I'm an idiot is worth doing.
I think there is just a short time, from about 14 or 15 until 18 or 19 when they think you're an idiot. Then they realize you were right about just about everything.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
In no particular order, fishing, boating, diving, woodworking, astronomy, golf, family, scotch, bourbon. I have other stuff that I enjoy, but just don't have the time or $$$ for.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I have been into Studying Martial Arts for the past 27 years. I have been shooting for the past 22 years, Mostly defensive pistol shooting. My hadgun of shoice is a Wilson Combat CQB. I mostly carry though a Kimber Ultra CDP, I also carry a glock.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I'm a chronic knuckle popper. Drives the wife nuts.

I watch a lot of movies at nite. Am always renting them. Even bad ones.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Other then my passion for cigars my other obsessions would be my collections. I’m an avid collector of vintage cigar memorabilia. Check out my photo gallery. Those pictures are just the tip of the iceberg. The collection includes antique humidors. label art, bands, advertising pieces, wooden Cigar Indians etc. etc…..to much to mention! I have storage bins full of stuff I have no room for in my office. My other obsession is my antique marble collection. I’m not sure which is worse , the marbles or the cigar stuff! According to my daughter and girlfriend “ I need to grow up “ :r
Here’s a pic of a FEW of the marbles …..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.