Cigar Forums banner

801 - 820 of 823 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've been a member for years. How did I miss this forum??

We live 2 blocks from the library. Last year, when they closed the branches, I finally broke down and bought a Kindle. I always said that I would "never" buy one, because I like to read actual books, with covers, binders and pages. The pandemic last year brought that to a screeching halt. I'm not going to lie, I love the Kindle and will probably never go back to "real" books.

To keep it OT, I've been a steampunk kick and have been devouring anything by China Miéville. Right now, I'm reading "Iron Council" which is the 3rd, (and last), of the "Bas Lag" series.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Just finished The Brothers Karamazov; now into Crime and Punishment. (Thank you quarantine!)

Like @Skinsfan1311, I prefer reading on my iPad but the translation of C and P I wanted was only available in a print edition. Man the print is small and every time I go to light my pipe I lose my place!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just finished The Brothers Karamazov; now into Crime and Punishment. (Thank you quarantine!)

Like @Skinsfan1311, I prefer reading on my iPad but the translation of C and P I wanted was only available in a print edition. Man the print is small and every time I go to light my pipe I lose my place!
It's crazy, isn't it?

Before this pandemic mess, I swore that I'd never use a Kindle. Now, I'll probably never go back.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts

now for some Tolstoy...or even better...Gustav Herling "a world apart"

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
28,623 Posts
Dr. Seuss
You better buy them all up the are not gonna print some of them anymore.
The handlers of the estate say.
"They make fun of others"
We all grew up on Dr. Seuss!
Go figure.

Reactions: zcziggy

·
Registered
428 Posts
Neal Stephenson's "Snow Crash" It's not at all what I expected, and is a pretty big departure from his other work. After the first few pages, I wasn't sure about it, but the story grabbed me and it's great read.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Tom Keneally- The Commonwealth of Thieves ( The Story of the Founding of Australia) .

801 - 820 of 823 Posts