Cigar Forums banner

781 - 800 of 823 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,706 Posts
I just finished the 5th and last book of Dean Koontz' Frankenstein series on Audible. Now I'm onto Blood Hunt by Jack Harvey (who is really early Ian Rankin).

All of these books I read a long time ago but, they were good so I figured listening to them would be like a movie adaptation where nothing is left out...oh and there's no visuals.

I'm really likeing Audible though. It's nice to have ot read to me so I can drive or whatever.
I love audible. I go through at least three books a month. It's nice to listen to a book sitting in traffic, cuts down on the rage a bit..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I love audible. I go through at least three books a month. It's nice to listen to a book sitting in traffic, cuts down on the rage a bit..

I'm with you on that. As a guy that delivers mail, audible is how I get through my day.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,720 Posts
There were 5 books in that series? I bought 3 in a garage sale a few months back and read through them in a few days. Now I need to look for the other 2!
Mind.....blown....
Yeah. GREAT books.
I read somewhere that he wrote the first three abd the Katrina destroyed NO so he didn't feel right about writing the rest right when that happened. He finished it off though.

·
Banned
1,720 Posts

Ive got about 3 credits I havent used yet and maybe 5 books to listen to. My drive to and from work is only 20 minutes and sometimes I put on music instead so I'm falling behind. Sometimes if there's no traffic at work I can squeeze some in here or there though lol

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just picked up a copy of, Wind in the Willows today. Liked the cover.Haven't read it in years, but the pipe smoking creatures and the Toad with the fast motorcar always stick out in my memory.
IMG_20190404_155001_1554420866214.jpg

·
Registered
502 Posts
I love audible also, listen every day. I love almost everything that Brandon Sanderson writes. If you listen to fantasy/ science fiction you need to give him a chance. Start with the mistborn series, fast paced. The Stormlight chronicles is my favorite, but starts a little slow as there are so many story lines.

Another good author is Johnathan Stroud. Love the lockwood and co. books, a light read with tongue in cheek quips.

781 - 800 of 823 Posts