Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am relatively new to cigar smoking but I always tend to go for the fuller bodied cigars, especially anything maduro. I would like to broaden my horizons a little and was looking for some suggestions on some lighter bodied smokes so i don't have to go through smoking some crappers.

Thanks for the input,
pjg

·
Registered
394 Posts
There are some really excellent suggestions on this recent thread:

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5873

I particularly like Kamikaiguy's suggestion of the Carlos Toranos. Romeo and Juileta are another that is very mild, but flavorful. They aren't a regular of mine because I like a much more full bodied smoke.

Bauza is another very mild cigar you may like to try. I think they have a very crisp taste.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Since I'm new to this hobby, I'm usually smoking something mild. So far AVO is my favorite. I had an H Upman recently and a CAO Gold which I really liked. Nat Sherman, Don Diego, & Fonseca may be others to try although I didn't particularly like them.

If you're looking for something w/a little sweetness to it try a Baccarat. Cu Avana is nice too and the price is right. I have heard good things about The Griffins - I've got one of these in my humi now and can't wait to try it.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I really enjoy the Don Diego line when I am looking for a nice mild cigar!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Check out the regular Fuente line. Most Dominican blend cigars tend to be on the milder side. So, maybe experiment with some Dominicans. Some of the better/pricier ones are in the Davidoff line.

·
Registered
394 Posts
ChiTown said:
I had an H Upman recently and a CAO Gold which I really liked. QUOTE]

You're right, ChiTown, these ARE very nice suggestions also. H. Upmann is one of the first premium cigars I had smoked and I just LOVED it.

CAO is a great line altogether--mild and full bodied smokes. The Gold line is very mild.

Nice.

Hoss

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I recently got a box of RyJ Real robustos cause I like to mix in some nice milder smokes in the rotation. I have been very pleased. An excellent smoke.

Another nice mild smoke is Ashton, if you've got a little extra jingle in your pocket. :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
kansashat said:
I recently got a box of RyJ Real robustos cause I like to mix in some nice milder smokes in the rotation. I have been very pleased. An excellent smoke.
I, personally, like the RyJ Vintage III better than the Real robustos. Not to say the Reals are bad, because they aren't, but the Vintage just seems more "solid".

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
I know somebody already said this one but, Bauzas are mild. I bought a box of the Bauza Robustos and I've gone through 1/2 of them. I smoke them when I'm undecided. They don't leave a heavy taste, not too much nicotine, real smooth like coffee and cream.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What about Gispert domestics? CA rates them pretty high. I bought a box at auction for $1.85 each. My college age son and friends smoke them on visits when they are attempting to impress each other.

·
Registered
39 Posts
(909) said:
I know somebody already said this one but, Bauzas are mild. I bought a box of the Bauza Robustos and I've gone through 1/2 of them. I smoke them when I'm undecided. They don't leave a heavy taste, not too much nicotine, real smooth like coffee and cream.
909 how is the draw on the bauzas ? Maybe I'll try them as they are not common stock in the stores around me. It will be fun to try somthing new.

I agree with a lot of the other suggestions made above. Let me add a few.

Montesio Maduro (by fuente), Romeo yJulietta vintage maduro, Drew estate natural White rabbitt, Romo y Julietta Resrva real, if $$$$ aren't an issue Padron 1964 anneversary issue (not the 1926).

Hope this helps,

Kid

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've been having a really good time smoking Cigar King's aged reserve. Smooth with a lot of flavor. I'm considering buying a box soon.

If cammies are your thing maybe look at MC Afrique or, like Matt R suggested, a Fuente (natural).

I have a hard time parting with the cash for a Davidoff, so Private Stock works for me.

Maybe a Flor de Oliva bundle?

Have fun,
-E

·
Registered
949 Posts
Ahhhh!!!! Yes!!! Mild!!

I would have to say in the High end ($9.00 and up) Montecristo White is nice mild cigar as well as the regular Monte line and the Serie V line. Diamond Crown is real mild but really tasty as well. Cohiba is good

In the Mid end ($5.00 to $9.00) Macanudo Robust or Gold are good mild cigars. Romeo and Juliet Reserva Real is nice. Arturo Fuente Heminigway are great smokes.

In the Low End (under $5.00) Helix Maduro even though they are maduro they are mild. Carlos Torano Exodus Silver 1959. Arturo Fuente Curly Head. Some Fonseca are good in this range. I would say Baccarat but they have sugar infused in the wrapper and I typically don't like any type of flavor added.

That said however one of my favorite cigars uses a sweet vegetable glue sometimes that hold the cap on the cigar but the sweetness wears off after about 5 minutes. Hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.