Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
-=A Smoking Poet=-
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I want to thank all the people that had great suggestions for my humidification needs, you guys are a bunch of gorillas. :cool: I wanted to share my amazing smoke story from last night. I was saddened by discovering one of my ISOMs was a fakie, so I decided to take my aggressions out on my last remaining real ISOM. It was a Churchill Romeeeeo y Julieeeta. The cigar looked mouth watering, and was very firm to the touch. I almost thought it was a little dried out, but the crackle sounded nice so I figured it was well packed filler, only time would tell. I was at Highlands night club in hollywood, in a crowded balcony with a nice view of the oscars preperations. I punched a perfect hole right in the center of the cigar, and caramelized the other end with my torch. At first I was thinking this cigar is too firm, the drag would be impossible (its a relatively thinner longer cigar), but the drag was perfect. The taste fused with the bit of cognac still on my breath, and the aroma (which wasn't very present before) blossomed out. The firm construction made this cigar ash better than any other I have had before. I only ashed twice before I finished the cigar (its pretty long). The only thing I regret is that it was a little noisey and crowded, and I wasn't able to fully enjoy the cigar. It was a reallllly long lasting smoke, and would have been wonderful for a quiet night. I did however have a nice view as I smoked. I only wish I had a digital camera so I could have shared the night with you guys. Everything was great, only sad thing was I left my cutter with the bouncer in the front (he didn't let me take it in, like its a freakin gun or something) and I forgot to get it before I left. No worries though, because I never use a cutter to save a cigar (I just let it die out), and I like to use a puch on the end I smoke with. Plus its a good excuse to order a cool stainless steele one I saw (just to have when I smoke a torpedo). All you guys that have had a RyJ let me know what you think about it.

-Von (I really need to make a signature so I don't sign everything:)

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Sounds like you had a nice time Von. Can't go wrong with a Churchill when you've got the time to kill.

Oh, and that's a classic way to bounce back from finding out one of your sticks was a fake....... smoke your sorrows away :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts