Cigar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after meeting an old friend from middle school at my new job and discovering he’s a cigar lover we got to talking about cigars of course during work. A lot of my favorite brands he’s never had much from (Crowned heads, Drew Estate and Tat, while I haven’t had many of his favorite brands (Alec Bradley, AF and RP) so of course we are gonna do some trades and splits but I was wondering what are your guys favorite sticks from these brands? I can remember having The Vandal which I remember as pretty good I can also remember remember the sun grown which I think was eh if I remember right. I really like all AF’s but just a brand I don’t buy much off and then RP last one I had was the sun grown maduro which was really good, I believe I had a 2003 vintage that I don’t remember much of.

·
Registered
Anything in the general Robusto/belicosos size roughly
846 Posts
For alec Bradley, I definitely like the Prensado the most by far

Haven't had a lot of RP"s, but the Edge is probably my favorite of the ones I have tried

For AF I definitely think anything in the Hemingway line is great, as well as the Don Carlos

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
AB Magic Toast is my favorite so far. The AF Hemmingway short story perfecto is really good. I only had a Rocky connecticut, and it was disappointing.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve had a short story or 2 and they have been good.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I’ve had a short story or 2 and they have been good.
Used to just rip through boxes of them. Great smoke.

Now i prefer the larger vitolas like the Signature and Classic, as the Short Story is just over too quickly and leaves me craving more.

Have the same problem with a number of cc's as well

·
Registered
846 Posts
Personally the AB SCR (Select Cabinet Reserve) was my fav currently right now I'm grooving on the Lost Art and the temps from AB
I too really enjoy the Tempus. Very nice smokes with a unique taste compared to any other nc

·
Registered
Both
36 Posts
Alec Bradley's Magic Toast is the only real stick I know from them but it is easily a top 5 smoke for me. Rocky Patel's on the other hand I've tried more than a few of but they're not for me at all. Though they have all the makings of a great cigar as far as build quality, they've all been too peppery for my palate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts