Cigar Forums banner

What do you prefer?

• Hard Liquor on the rocks (whiskey, Scotch, Rum, Vodak...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee

• Soda

• Beer

• Water?!

• Milk?!?!?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
When I'm smoking, I find that I prefer coffee with a cigar. It seems to add to the flavor. Now if you are asking what I'm drinking drinking, it's Manhattan rocks, Jack or Makers, keep the cherry, lots of ice and light on the vermouth. If I smoke with a Manhattan, it's gotta be strong one otherwise the drink will shut it down.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Oh yeah, coffee here. A good cup of coffee can make even the worst cigar acceptable.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm kind of a young guy around these parts ;), but my drink tastes are mature..I think. I prefer hard liquor, usually a vodka gimlet, Tanq and tonic, or just vodka on the rocks. Obviously, I am a vodka guy! Maybe a martini every once in a GREAT while. When it isn't vodka, I like a heavier beer like Guiness or a black and tan. Nothing better than sitting outside, on a cool night, with drink and smoke in hand!

Cheers,
Brett

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I go through phases with what I drink with my cigar. Sometimes it is whiskey, sometimes beer, sometimes pop, and sometimes water.

But I would imagine that beer would be my #1 choice.

:confused:

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
I had what one can say is a "few unfortunate incidents" with the Booze as a young man. So far no incidents with my fresh roasted coffee, ice water, diet coke with a twist o lime, root beer and my all time favorite............real Coca Cola, with sugar....not the high fructose corn starch syrup. That real Coca Cola and a real Cuban can make me sing, "It's the Real Thing"! :D I love it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
relaxnsmoke said:
I had what one can say is a "few unfortunate incidents" with the Booze as a young man. So far no incidents with my fresh roasted coffee, ice water, diet coke with a twist o lime, root beer and my all time favorite............real Coca Cola, with sugar....not the high fructose corn starch syrup. That real Coca Cola and a real Cuban can make me sing, "It's the Real Thing"! :D I love it!
I have had coca-cola with real sugar one from france and the other from mexico. One tasted terrible and the other tasted the same as the coke in the U.S. Maybe i need to try it again? where do you get it if you live in the U.S.?

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
I 've never tried the Mexican Coca Cola, had the french, thought it was very good and the Holland factory is sposed to be "The Real Thing", I've been drinking it this summer and have to agree, Icy cold right out of the bottle with a Cuban corona... :w ...I also have been drinking the Dr. Pepper with sugar, I see they've changed formulas on the Dr. Pepper again, still has sugar but also the Monosodium Phosphate, Lactic Acid and Polyethylene Glycol. The stuff I have is w/o.
http://www.popsoda.com/index.html
This site has been swamped with the recent bad press of High Fructose Corn sryup. Last year they did not run out, this year is crazy! Interesting trend. But just checked the sugar colas and it's back order time.

There are other sites, I've been happy with these guys and seem to always get it at the right time. Good Luck! :)

yeah sure enough, alittle more looking and I found the Dr. Pepper, this is the stuff here, http://www.popsoda.com/drpepperwsugar.html

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
A nice frosty, malty home-brew is about as good as it gets for me. Nothing too hoppy though. I want to brew a porter with coffee in it which I think would be excellent with a cigar.

SB

·
Registered
207 Posts
relaxnsmoke said:
yeah sure enough, alittle more looking and I found the Dr. Pepper, this is the stuff here, http://www.popsoda.com/drpepperwsugar.html
You know, this topic comes up frequently and I usually don't reply anymore. But, I read somebody here posting about Dr. Pepper before. I tried it on monday and I really, really liked it. Nice compliment with the smoke, will have to find more and I'll check out this link.

I'm guessing you are the one who posted before, so thanks!

bd

·
Registered
132 Posts
occasionally i drink a good stout beer, but it doesnt go well with any but the strongest smokes. often i will drink jameson, which is good. more often i drink coffee but i most commonly drink water. hows that for an ambiguous answer? lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.