Cigar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had the driest summer ever here in Seattle this year.

Now this is really amazing, yesterday was the wettest most rainiest day ever in Seattle! Amazing, you should of seen it. I've seen a lot of rain in my years, But this was relentless. Here is a snippet from the Seattle Times,

All day, all night, rain fell, with the National Weather Service reporting an all-time record for a single day. The old record of 3.41 inches, set Nov. 20, 1959, was surpassed — almost laughably early — shortly after 5 p.m. at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. By 1 a.m. today, 5.02 inches had fallen, which set the record. The heavy downpour stopped over night and the drizzle began, adding 0.16 more inches of rain by 8:30 a.m.

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
rns
grew up in chilliwack they got the 3 1/2(81 mm i think) inches also...must have been a quick fill in any rivers or creeks that were low.i remember christmas break one year...got 7 inches in a week and i have always thought it couldnt rain any harder than it did then. hope you live in a high spot.

derrek :)

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I left the house once, to get a sick kid from school, saw multiple flooding...I mean full city blocks of water bubbling up thru the storm drains. On I-5, a truck jack-knifed about 10 car lengths in front of me, holding traffic up for 45 minutes, I finally got home from a 15 minute trip 2 1/2 hours later! Decided to stay put till late last nite, went out to deliver a bundle of Silverstate Nics. to a dude at work.

I like rain, but hey this was wild. Sheets and sheets of water, lucky for me I cleaned the gutters 2 days ago.....if you looked at the downspouts, it looked like bathwater turned on all the way pouring out....all day and night long! I'm really one of the lucky ones, a lot of folks in the shelters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts