Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my fellow Gorillas!

As cigars go with golf, I thought I would share my good news!

I finally broke a 100!!!!!!

I was at Francis E. Warren Air Force Base golfing with two very good buddies. Didn't have a cigar with me, but when I returned home I celebrated with a Mayorga!

FYI - my score was 97... I think I might be able to do better with a little work on my short game.

Anyway, exciting news for this gorilla in Northern Colorado!

:D

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
GOOD SCORE ON THE FRONT NINE, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PLAY THE BACKSIDE??!! :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Haha.

Isn't it fun celebrating stuff with a cigar? This week is finals week for me, and since I'm a new smoker and I'm trying different cigars, for every final I complete I have a cigar. Which means two per day so far, and three tomorrow! Woot!

Yesterday was a Padron Palmas (pretty good) at the tobbaconist's place and a Flor de Oliva (having some problems with these Oliva bundle sticks) out my apartment window haha. Today was a La Aroma de Cuba Cetro (nice!) at the shop again and a Padron Delicias (my favorite so far) out my window. I dropped it, so I had to go into the alley and find it in the dark. But it was worth it. Yum yum.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Wetterhorn said:
Hey my fellow Gorillas!

As cigars go with golf, I thought I would share my good news!

I finally broke a 100!!!!!!
congrats!! that is an awesome experience! i actually almost broke 80 last weekend. took a lost ball and a triple boggie on 18 that blew it for me. i did great that weekend, but will have no problem going out this weekend and shooting a 110 :D

go flyers!
jimmy

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okie2 said:
GOOD SCORE ON THE FRONT NINE, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PLAY THE BACKSIDE??!! :rolleyes: :)
What?!?!? There's another nine??????

:D

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jimmy said:
congrats!! that is an awesome experience! i actually almost broke 80 last weekend. took a lost ball and a triple boggie on 18 that blew it for me. i did great that weekend, but will have no problem going out this weekend and shooting a 110 :D

go flyers!
jimmy
Wow Jimmy! That is really quite the score! Man, you are having waaayyyy too much fun!

Good for you!!!!

:)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cyclops said:
Haha.

Isn't it fun celebrating stuff with a cigar? This week is finals week for me, and since I'm a new smoker and I'm trying different cigars, for every final I complete I have a cigar. Which means two per day so far, and three tomorrow! Woot!

Yesterday was a Padron Palmas (pretty good) at the tobbaconist's place and a Flor de Oliva (having some problems with these Oliva bundle sticks) out my apartment window haha. Today was a La Aroma de Cuba Cetro (nice!) at the shop again and a Padron Delicias (my favorite so far) out my window. I dropped it, so I had to go into the alley and find it in the dark. But it was worth it. Yum yum.
Hey Cyclops, sounds like a great way to reward yourself!

Good luck on the rest of your exams!

:w

·
Registered
949 Posts
Wetterhorn,

I really loath golf. But I got to hand to ya. It is a truely difficult sport. I have know idea if under 100 is good or not so I will take your word for it. Congratulations.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kamikaiguy said:
Wetterhorn,

I really loath golf. But I got to hand to ya. It is a truely difficult sport. I have know idea if under 100 is good or not so I will take your word for it. Congratulations.
Thanks! A 97 isn't a great score, but when you have been trying unsuccessfully to break 100 for years and you finally do it, it is a big event!

·
Registered
124 Posts
We'll done breaking 100. Surely a milestone worthy of a good cigar. Now you must break 90. If you can break 100 you can break 90. A free tip for you to help break 90. You don't have to play any better than you did to break 100. Just use more course management. Instead of shooting for the pin in two, shoot for an open area away from trouble that will leave you an easy approach to reach the pin in three. Your bound to sink a few puts and there you. You'll break 90 soon.

Get your next celibration cigar ready and good luck

Jorgy

·
Registered
290 Posts
Congrats Wetterhorn!

I hover in the mid to upper 80s, with a low 90 here and there.

Another hint for breaking 90 - 90 is basically bogey golf (par 72 + 18 extra strokes). If you can play bogey on the 4's and 5's (play them like 5's and 6's) and par ANY of the 3's - taa daa! you're under 90!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the encouragement and congratulations! I will do my best to get below 90 this summer. Man, does that seem unreal!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great round of golf my friend. The 80s are well within your sites! Golf is a funny game the more you know about it the more frustrating it can get. Try to find guys that play better than you believe it or not it will lower your score ;)

BenjieV :D

·
-
11,412 Posts
i love golf, just don't have the time... last time i played was our company tourny. ever year, i drive the green (on a fly w/3 wood) on a par 4 on the back 9 (like 320 something), and the past 2 years we've all missed our eagle putts. :mad:

i really need to get back into the 'swing' of things.

when i was married the 1st time, i was still in the military, and was a member on post here at ft. leavenworth. short course, par 70. you pretty much just need a 3 wood, med iron, short iron and a putter for the entire course... but i would take about 5 balls and walk down to the practice green and putt for a few hours, mostly just to get out of the house.... :al

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BenjieV said:
Great round of golf my friend. The 80s are well within your sites! Golf is a funny game the more you know about it the more frustrating it can get. Try to find guys that play better than you believe it or not it will lower your score ;)

BenjieV :D
Thanks for the compliment and advice. I have a friend who shoots in the 70s and I will have to get out with him!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IHT said:
i love golf, just don't have the time... last time i played was our company tourny. ever year, i drive the green (on a fly w/3 wood) on a par 4 on the back 9 (like 320 something), and the past 2 years we've all missed our eagle putts. :mad:

i really need to get back into the 'swing' of things.

when i was married the 1st time, i was still in the military, and was a member on post here at ft. leavenworth. short course, par 70. you pretty much just need a 3 wood, med iron, short iron and a putter for the entire course... but i would take about 5 balls and walk down to the practice green and putt for a few hours, mostly just to get out of the house.... :al
Sounds like you really spank the ball, IHT! Man, that is impressive!

I am a member of the golf course on F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, Wyoming. It is a nice course - lots of doglegs and fairly lengthy. Of course, when you are playing at 6500 feet, the ball will travel a bit furhter!

The base golf courses are fun! Hope you can get out more this summer and enjoy golf with a stogie!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.