Cigar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes it's official. I've lost my virginity a second time! This time is was a wonderful Cohiba Robusto. All I can say is wow, what an amazing smoke! I'm going to try to be strong and let the other rest for a while.

Yes, the FedEx guy brought me a present of some great single sticks that I ordered due to comments here on the board. I picked up 2 of each: Cohiba Robusto, Partagas D2, Punch Punch, Monte #2, and Bolivar Coronas Gigantes. I figure that I'll smoke one of each now and let the others rest so I can get an idea of how aging helps the ISOMs.

I only have one question. One of the Monte #2's has an H. Upmann band on it. Other than that, it looks identical to the other Monte. Should I call and ask about it, or does the H. Upmann factory make the #2s also and just put their band on it?

And yes, this slope is very slippery. I just hope my finances can handle it! :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
looks like you got an mc2 and a hup2... yes, virginia- there is an hup2. i'd tell the vendor. (hup2s are great but they're not the same as mc2)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Good idea to try one of each and let the others sleep....now if you can only keep your hands off of them for a while....easier said than done.
:w

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
emgjet said:
Good idea to try one of each and let the others sleep....now if you can only keep your hands off of them for a while....easier said than done.
:w
Yeah it's a great idea, and since I have almost no self control in some cases, probably an impossible one at that. I'll probably have to buy a box just to have some to smoke while the others are resting. Ah that slope is getting more slippery by the moment!

·
Registered
323 Posts
TomN said:
...I'll probably have to buy a box just to have some to smoke while the others are resting...
You catch on fast. :D This is sounding vaguely familiar. :rolleyes: BTW, if you don't have a cabinet humidor,
you'd better start stocking up on coolers. :r

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well being unemployed kinda puts a limit on how much I can spend at the moment. I do have a small 50 count humi that I plan on using for my ISOMs once I get all those CAOs and HdM Excal 1066s smoked. I imagine this will do for me until I can find decent employment. Then all bets are off baby! :w

·
Registered
283 Posts
TomN said:
Well being unemployed kinda puts a limit on how much I can spend at the moment. I do have a small 50 count humi that I plan on using for my ISOMs once I get all those CAOs and HdM Excal 1066s smoked. I imagine this will do for me until I can find decent employment. Then all bets are off baby! :w
a fellow unemployed habano smoker... now that's the life. : )

(interview question #:cool: "What's your definition of success?"
"...ummm. Ever heard of a fridgeador?"

"...you'll call me?"

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Talked to the vendor today. He's going to send me a Monte #2 with my next order. I guess I'd better place that soon then eh? :D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
TomN

Employed, Unemployed, or Self Employed...nobody makes enough to buy all the sticks they want! Just enjoy my friend.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Tom,

I told you to be careful with that vendor!!!:D

Well, slippery slope or not, I've been in freefall for quite some time.

MoTheMan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts