Cigar Forums banner

Welcoming New Baby

852 views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  austintxeric 
#1 ·
I am happy to be welcoming a new baby daughter sometime in mid-March and I was looking for everyone's opinion on a nice celebratory smoke for the occasion. I currently love the Padron Anniversaries and the Anejos. I have a few of those stocked up, so I was looking for something a little more 'special' to enjoy after the birth. Any ideas? I have thought about the Padron Family reserve 45 and 46, as they have those available at my local B&M, but was wondering if they are truly worth the $26 each. I will most likely be sharing the smokes with only one or two people so all suggestions are welcome!

#4 ·
Thanks Cattani and ZFog...I'm not necessarily looking for the most expensive or rare stick...just something that is special and very good! I have enjoyed the Anejos and OpusXs, along with the standard PAM 64s several times over the last year...just looking for something I could be missing that I won't necessarily have for other random reasons throughout the year.

#8 ·
Is this your first? If so, don't even think twice about spending any amount of money (within some sort of reason) on a nice smoke! Heck, do it even if it's not your first. I will never, ever forget the moment my son entered the world and I saw him for the first time. For a brief moment time stood still and everything was right with the world. An indescribable feeling unless you've been there.

Congratulations!

#9 ·
Congratulations to you too Bayratt! I will have to consider some of the Zinos or Viaje. I don't know if I've seen those before locally.

Jswaykos
This will be our second child, but I know what you mean about it being a very special moment. I'm looking forward to celebrating with father-in-law who also enjoys cigars...I guess I will pick him up one of whatever I choose also. Does anyone have any preferences between the 45 and 46 Family Reserves, or anything else out there that might be similar?

#17 ·
The 46 is excellent, the 45 is better. I think the 45 is the best of the special annys. Absolutely worth the price.
What's the difference you noticed in 45 and 46? Both are available at my local B&M and they are both $25.80. I appreciate all of the opinions and I'm really leaning towards picking up a couple.

Would these be worth buying early and letting sit in my humidor for a couple of months?

#18 ·
What's the difference you noticed in 45 and 46? Both are available at my local B&M and they are both $25.80. I appreciate all of the opinions and I'm really leaning towards picking up a couple.

Would these be worth buying early and letting sit in my humidor for a couple of months?
I would imagine that applies to pretty much ANY cigar...

#19 ·
Well, I bit the bullet and picked up 2 of the Padron Family Reserve 45s Maduro at my local B&M during the lunch hour. Now I can't wait to give them a try after the baby comes! Thanks to all for the suggestions...hopefully I made the right choice.

Of course I also had to pick up a couple more Anejo 46s while there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.