Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Rocky Patel cigar sampler with the intention of smoking them within a couple days. I tried one and felt like I was going to die. So, they have been sitting in a cooler waiting for me to get the equipment to properly maintain them. I haven't gotten around to buying distilled water but out of curiosity I put my hygrometer in the cooler (with no humidification/temperature control) and I waited four hours. I check back in and it's 64% and 72 degrees Fahrenheit.

I just wanted to share this. If it ain't broke don't fix it? I'm sure by tomorrow it will have changed.

·
ZK Master of Shenanigans
1,312 Posts
I'd say just hold what ya got. Its better than just leaving them laying around on the kitchen table I would think. Go ahead and throw them in there

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I haven't bothered to control humidity at all and the weirdest thing happened. I checked it this morning and it was 65% humidity and 70 degrees... Wha....? I'm not going to question it. It's working... I have a feeling though that when the heat gets turned on I'm going to have a hard time getting the temperature down and the humidity up, but for now it's perfect... and if it ain't broke...........

·
Overpaying in Canada
168 Posts
So, I haven't bothered to control humidity at all and the weirdest thing happened. I checked it this morning and it was 65% humidity and 70 degrees... Wha....? I'm not going to question it. It's working... I have a feeling though that when the heat gets turned on I'm going to have a hard time getting the temperature down and the humidity up, but for now it's perfect... and if it ain't broke...........
Don't fix it.

Sounds like it's working out, I would just leave it be.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I know some of the guys here are saying don't touch it, but environmental humidity fluctuates a lot. The last couple of days you've been OK, but as you open and close the cooler this will change, a lot. Get some KL, beads, whatever your poison just to get a buffer in there to make sure everything stays good. Right now you're OK, but tomorrow when you open the cooler you might be in trouble. The biggest cigar killer is humidity swings, adding the KL will lessen your chance of that happening, or completely eliminate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.