Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a needone (cooler only) 16L humidor. It’s set at 69 degrees (displays 69), have one 320g Boveda 65 and two 60g Boveda 65 and about 80 cigars. My govee hygrometer reads 71 temp with 71 humidity. I’ve calibrated the govee twice using a Boveda 69 and it’s spot on. It’s been holding 70-71 rh for a week and refuses to go down. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
7,486 Posts
I had a cooladore for a while, wasnt a needone but same thing, i used a tub of cat litter in the bottom, cant remember the name or make of it but its largeish crystals no perfume, worked great. Someone chime in with the make of the cat litter please, i know there are a few on here use it.
Just did a search on here for cat ;itter and found the name its ExquisiCat . do a search and you will find quite a bit of info in it here.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a cooladore for a while, wasnt a needone but same thing, i used a tub of cat litter in the bottom, cant remember the name or make of it but its largeish crystals no perfume, worked great. Someone chime in with the make of the cat litter please, i know there are a few on here use it.
Just did a search on here for cat ;itter and found the name its ExquisiCat . do a search and you will find quite a bit of info in it here.
Remove the boveda and use the cat litter to bring down humidity then place back bóvedas? Or use the cat litter along with the bóvedas?

· Registered
7,486 Posts
Remove the boveda and use the cat litter to bring down humidity then place back bóvedas? Or use the cat litter along with the bóvedas?

Yea i would use both and see how it goes, i used to leave the cat litter in. If the RH drops too low just add a little distilled water to the cat litter.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got these humidity absorbing pellets used for
Closets and other high humid areas in the house called damprid. It’s odorless and says once it stops absorbing (2 months) discard. Tried about 2oz and in three hours my rh was down to 63. Hope this does the trick moving forward

1 - 6 of 6 Posts