Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Humidor Builder
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody..... it's been a long time. A lot has been going on.....

As some of you know, I had given up my day job to become a full time humidor builder. That was in February.... Well, in March I cut my thumb pretty good and the balance of the summer presented family issues which warranted my relocation back to my home state of Minnesota. This caused some serious - hmmmmmm, slow down time, for me and I've been laying low until I've been able to assemble the right team for "my vision".

Since I've been in Minnesota, I have reconnected and have put together a humidor / accessory team which will be kicking off very soon.....

We are coming out with a production model that should be on hand and available at any given time. This humidor will be 16" x 12" x 8" and be ready to ship no later than November 15th.... and subsequent builds to follow to accommodate, what I hope, to be a good market.

I will be taking on wine cooler trays, travel humidors and pipe racks.... Heck, I'll even have the capability to come to your home and build a smoking room....

My team exists of:

Myself - Custom Humidor Builder

Terri (aka Folly Rocks) - customer service and sales. Terri is my gal in SC and she's trying to work her way back to me here in MN... so please, get with Folly Rocks... she'll be happy to work with you.... Terri knows me and knows my goals and most of all, our capabilities.

Mark - Customer Service and sales you will be seeing more of Mark in the future..... I hope. Mark is well connected in the wood working arena and is a marketing expert.

Bob - Bob will be my production model builder. Bob has an extensive, production oriented shop and I will be spending the next few days with him building the first batch of 10 humidors. From there, Bob will be building the production models. I will be doing strictly customs.

Marv - Marv is an experienced woodworker who has spent the last 20 years building kitchen cabinets. Marv is getting older now and is wanting out of the cabinet biz because they just get to be too darn big to handle. Marv will be my Spanish Cedar guy handing the lining and tray work for my customs, any accessory trays for the production models as well as our highly anticipated winedor work.

Jim - Jim is a childhood friend of mine who is also a skilled woodworker and he will be working with me, Marv or Bob - or maybe even in your home doing the smoking rooms. Basically, any where he is needed....

Jerry - Jerry is my laser guy, as always and is a valued member of our team.

Bob, with his production capabilities, will also be supplying me with the 1/4" spanish cedar that I need. This will keep me from wasting valuable time milling spanish cedar. It'll be there for me to draw from. Same thing with the wine coolers....

So...now that all this footwork and stuff is organized in my head - it's time for me to get busy doing what I do.

So.... with that being said - I hope to hear from ya'all! Feel free to chat with Terri if you have any questions... I'll be in the shop.... I hope between Terri & Mark they will be able to keep everybody as updated as ya wanna be!

Take a look at my website to see more of what's going on.

Good to be back....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello,

It has been quite a long time since my last post. Ed and I have been through many changes. We have learned that we make a great team, so I am excited to announce that I will be assisting Ed with the customer service end of his company in addition to design consultation. Please check out the Follyrocks collection on his web site. Please contact me with any questions. I am looking forward to working with you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello,

It has been quite a long time since my last post. Ed and I have been through many changes. We have learned that we make a great team, so I am excited to announce that I will be assisting Ed with the customer service end of his company in addition to design consultation. Please check out the Follyrocks collection on his web site. Please contact me with any questions. I am looking forward to working with you.
Hi Terri, Nice to see you on here again ! :hug:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
YAY, Ed's back. I miss seeing all of thouse beautiful humi update threads. Looking forward to getting a custom one day.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Welcome back brother, happy to see you back and ready to work....can't wait to see pics of the new humis.

·
Joe
1,576 Posts
This will be my 1st "Postal Fraud" suit, so at least it'll be interesting.

I had really expected a trivial transaction.

6 months for $30?

Annoyed

Joe

·
Humidor Builder
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This will be my 1st "Postal Fraud," suit, so at least it'll be interesting.

I had really expected a trivial transaction.

6 months for $30?

Annoyed

Joe:hail:
Yep - this will be good. The envelope that I got from Joe was addressed to Joseph B. - and Joseph B. is not me. I have the envelope unopened and will turn it over to the post office in the morning.

It was in a box of office stuff that was moved when I moved..... Sorry 'bout the $30 Joe, but... the post office will handle it tomorrow, I'm sure. I just dug it out of the box it was in and the USPS will be my first stop in the morning to have them do what the must with young Joseph B.'s envelope....

Sorry for the miscue - but it'll be handed over to the Post Office tomorrow - zip code 56007. Not sure if they'll open it and fix it or not... but, it'll be out of my hands.

·
Joe
1,576 Posts
Don't forget the incidental costs of the MO, the envelope and stamps.

Course, a few smokes might smooth things over a bit.

So, who does sell cedar scraps?

Joe

·
L.O.B. BBMF
1,270 Posts
Glad to see you back on your feet. I am sure with all the bars / cigar smokers there should be good business for you. I know there is a guy here in Michigan that does nothing but build out walk in humidors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is my first post showcasing one of Ed's works of art. I am especially excited because it is belongs to the Follyrocks collection. This beautiful humidor was created from Goncalo Alves and Walnut. It measures 20" x 8.5" x 6.5" and is about a 150 count humidor.

Please enjoy, but sorry, she already has a home. However, Ed is ready to create one just for you to your specifications. Also, coming November 15th, the new "buy now" model will be available. Pictures of them will be posted soon.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.