Cigar Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Disinterested
10,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got off the phone with Ed and he says to tell everyone Hi!

With all the orders he's got, chopping off his thumb and needing to be closer to family, he's relocating back to MN. He's already got a shop leased there, bigger and better. He's also taken his expert woodworker cousin on board to help get caught up and take on all the new orders he's had to put off.

Ed's really upbeat and positive about the move and says, "it's just the right thing to do and the right time to do it."

He's been and is going to be too busy to play with us in the pond for a while, since he'll be setting up the new shop and firing up the tools. He told me about a week to ten days until he's completely up to capacity.

I know we all wish him well and look forward to his return to his virtual and familial homes.

·
Confused Canine
347 Posts
Wow. Well, I wish him the best. I've been wondering where he's been. I love all of the work he's done and I genuinely hope to afford a nice humidor from him some day when cash is more abundant. It's great to hear that things are moving along in a positive direction and it's good to hear that he's alright.

·
Banned
3,021 Posts
ouch! did he chop the whole thing off? I remember seeing a thread where someone chopped off a good chunk of their thumb.. Hope that was him and he didnt lose the whole thing o_O

heres to a good move/recovery!

·
Disinterested
10,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ouch! did he chop the whole thing off? I remember seeing a thread where someone chopped off a good chunk of their thumb.. Hope that was him and he didnt lose the whole thing o_O

heres to a good move/recovery!
Nooo and that was the thumb in question. It's all closed up now and ready to push beautiful boards again :D

·
Humidor Builder
1,215 Posts
Thanks Herf! A little over a year ago, I moved to Charleston to try to make it with a long lost love.... things just didn't work out...

Veteran.... sorry about your hard feelings, understood you were waiting for a very long time for a $2500 plus humidor prototype that you invested $300 to help offset the costs.... but, you got your money back and there is no need to get snotty in a public forum.

·
Humidor Builder
1,215 Posts
I had, pretty much a string of bad luck so far this year.... jumping off and doing this full time - is indeed my dream - and this move to MN will get me focused and on track...

I had family issues in MN..nearly lost my Mom.... Cut off the tip of my thumb and have been in a relationship that required more attention than my work would allow....

This is my love... and, unfortunately, I had persued what I thought was my love.... and it came back to making humidors or that.... so, off I go folks....

I know things have been dragging on my end.... and there's a lot behind that... but, this will get me on track where I need to be...

Thanks again for all the support.... stay tuned - More to come when I get to MN in 3 days.... (2 days driving and today is shot).... But, the truck is loaded.... I have a shop rented and will be working with my cousin, Jim... who I've known all my life and does excellent stuff in his own right...

Only good things to come...

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Good timing, Herf. I just talked with Ed earlier this week. As for the negative post above, that's, well, interesting. I am sure there is a story there that has at least two sides. All I know is that Ed has been nothing but above board with me and always responsive to my e-mails and messages.

One thing for sure is that this whole cigar world has taught me patience.

Peace!:smoke:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Don thank you for the update and it's good to hear that Ed will soon be settled in his new home.

Ed - Stay safe and hope you have an easy transition to MN. You are the best out there IMO and I would be proud to own and display one of your humidors. Smooth travels brother.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
First I have ever heard of Ed and poor business practices...there are two sides to each story for sure, but Ed isnt the one being a baby in this open forum. Take it outside and stop whining.

·
Humidor Builder
1,215 Posts
First I have ever heard of Ed and poor business practices...there are two sides to each story for sure, but Ed isnt the one being a baby in this open forum. Take it outside and stop whining.
Thanks Primetime.... basically, I built that thing 4 times to get it right... and I wasn't going to let crap get out of here... especially with a prototype..

That's all I'm going to say about that....

Thanks again for all the well wishes..... We'll be back 110% before ya know it.

·
At last I can relax
1,846 Posts
Why take it outside??? This is a for profit vendor. All comments good and bad, should be stated. You are out of line. If something bad, should not be said, then conversely nothing good should be said about this.
Or is it , you just want to hear things you deem proper. ???

Do you want to censor books you do not like either. Think about it. So you only want to hear one side of the story?????

Me thinks you are confused on what you say.

J

·
At last I can relax
1,846 Posts
Thanks Primetime.... basically, I built that thing 4 times to get it right... and I wasn't going to let crap get out of here... especially with a prototype..

That's all I'm going to say about that....

Thanks again for all the well wishes..... We'll be back 110% before ya know it.
So, do I have your permission Ed, to post the timeline, and your emails to me??? They can speak more for yourself then you can..

I am an upstanding person with morals and creeds, thus I have not posted anything about this before, and have not said a thing, other then I dont care where or what you are doing. I have that right.

So just give me an answer, yes or no, and I will respect your private emails.

J

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.