Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any good shops around this area? I am going to be up there to go to the National Fire Academey n a couple of weeks and thought while I was up there I might find some sticks we don't have around here. I woun't be in the area long but I wouldn't mond nosing around some if anyone knows any good spots.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
My 3 favorite stores are Georgetown Tobacco (the one at Tyson's Corner), John Crouch Tobacconist in Old Town Alexandria, and the JR Cigar store in downtown DC. There are several other good stores in DC that you can research at CA. I also like the tobacconists at Fairoaks Mall and Pentagon City.

·
Registered
394 Posts
My brother-in-law owns a shop in the historic downtown area of Leesburg, if you are actually out that way. It's called Shades of Ireland and he carries an incredible assortment of everything. I'm sure he'd be willing to hook you up!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Draper's. John is a good guy and you may get to see his Davidoff Harley!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
emmitsburg is 1/2 hour outside frederick (where I work). There's a good shop - a bit pricey (no worse than GT Tobacco at Tysons) but has a nice walk in humi called Classic Cigars and Brittish goodies. It's on market and Second streets in Frederick. Joe's the owner. Good guy - tell him the churchlady sent you!

BTW, make sure you get a meal at the Carriage house in Emmitsburg.. it's the only decent food out there!

·
Registered
324 Posts
There is a great cigar lounge in downtown DC not too far from Metro Center. The place is called Shelly's Back Room. You can sit back and have a cigar and a drink and relax. They have a nice assortment of cigars, ports, and scotches.

http://www.shellysdc.com/

Tim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.