Cigar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ISO Tat Jibarro,Maravilla
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas & Ladies....

I smoked a Primo Del Rey Cazadores yesterday afternoon. It was very smooth,
creamy smoke, w/ a sweet leather, and sweet tobacco taste to it. It was Med. Flavored, and Med. Bodied w/ a med-full Kick at the end... I enjoyed it
so much that I'm already looking at a box purchase in the near future.

Any of you brothers have experience like this?

Oh Yeah... I paid 1.99 for this stick retail! ;)

·
Banned
17,955 Posts
WTG Excel...you have my attention now on this cigar. I have not heard of this but all of the characteristics that you mentioned are those things I like in a cigar..for $1.99? Now you really have my attention. Yes, the band is pretty close to a Padron and just went and did a search and reviews. Looks to be another cigar to add to my ever growing list. Did you try the Natural or Maduro? I love Maduros so if you had that I'd love to see a more expanded review of these.

·
Conservative Stud
1,501 Posts
If memory serves me right this is one of the cigars I use to smoke back in college. Of course that was SOME time ago.

·
THE Ancient Rocker
2,335 Posts
Stogie guys panned this stick, but if the tobacco is from the Esteli plantation, I might be in!!

The band looks familiar, though, WTF???? Did they buy all of the old Monte bands???

·
Banned
17,955 Posts
Can't find any info as to what region the tobacco/filler is pulled from even though it mentions that it is Nicaraguan filler and made in Honduras. I agree as the Esteli plantation is home to some very good cigars. I am surprised Padron lets them get away with the band since there was so much upheaval about the Fleur de lis deal not long ago.

·
THE Ancient Rocker
2,335 Posts
Can't find any info as to what region the tobacco/filler is pulled from even though it mentions that it is Nicaraguan filler and made in Honduras. I agree as the Esteli plantation is home to some very good cigars. I am surprised Padron lets them get away with the band since there was so much upheaval about the Fleur de lis deal not long ago.
If it is Jalapa, I would pass, even their Liga is somewhat weak. Tasty, but weak (IMO).

·
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes it does Cory!

WTG Excel...you have my attention now on this cigar. I have not heard of this but all of the characteristics that you mentioned are those things I like in a cigar..for $1.99? Now you really have my attention. Yes, the band is pretty close to a Padron and just went and did a search and reviews. Looks to be another cigar to add to my ever growing list. Did you try the Natural or Maduro? I love Maduros so if you had that I'd love to see a more expanded review of these.
I smoked the Maduro Gary! Toro may be a better representation of this
marca due to the tight draw in the Cazadores...

I'm always looking for a bargain, but I've got two shipments on the way and got bombed hard by a couple of brothers last week, so my humi is busting at the seams right now...but this definitely sounds like something I need to try. Thanks for the tip, Excel!
You're welcome brotha!
Thanks for the heads up, I love finding diamonds in the rust like that.
You're welcome Mike!

·
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
honestly guys.... "WHO" wants to fight with Big, Bad, Altadis? :deadhorse:

buy little cigars has these for 79.99 too!

Primo Del Rey Cazadores Maduro - BuyLittleCigars.com

They also state that the Wrapper is Mexican (Not indonesian as stated at the wine store)
But the filler is Nicaraguan/Dominican so the chances of this having montecristo filler is
probably true given that this is an Altadis brand...

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Stogie guys panned this stick, but if the tobacco is from the Esteli plantation, I might be in!!

The band looks familiar, though, WTF???? Did they buy all of the old Monte bands???
Thats what my initial reaction was. The band looks like a Padron or Cuban Montecristo band.

I like the RG but they are a bit longer. 5" x 42 would have been perfect (common size for habano's, most commonly called a petite corona).

I should buy em and cut an inch off all of them. :D

:faint2:

·
THE Ancient Rocker
2,335 Posts

·
Banned
17,955 Posts
I'd be in for a 5'r of the Toros...anything less than that size I'd probably not be interested in. It's either big or its no good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.