Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally dove into the smokes I got in my recent box split with some of the boys and decided that I would start with the VR Famoso. Why? Well actually I had decided that when they came in I'd give 'em a couple days and then start off with a RASS. However when I pulled the box out of the fridgeador and took one whiff of the Famoso I immediately chose that one for today's smoking activities.

I had about an hour and a half before I had to get to the gym before going to work so I figured what better time to burn a beautiful stick. I plopped down on the comfy couch and popped in a movie to watch while smoking. I chose Mystic River cause I'd never seen it and so many people were recommending it to me. So I popped it in and poured myself a club soda.

I took another whiff of the unlit stogie and was impressed. It was a nice rich barnyard/tobacco flavor that really started the juices flowing in my taste buds. I fired this sucker up with the trusty Colibri Metro and began my puffin'. The first draw was a nice robust tobacco flavor. Straight tobacco flavor that left my mouth tinglin' and dancin'. I liked this gars first impression. The construction was good and the band is really nice but the smoke had an irregular burn pattern. It kept runnin' down a different side every now and again. Inconsequential though as the flavor was what I was after.

The first 1/4 of the smoke had a dry tobacco flavor that left me reaching for my drink more frequently than I usually do. Not a bad thing, mind you, it was just a straightforward tobacco flavor. Gotta say that Sean Penn did an amazing job of acting in this movie. Very believable as a former criminal :)

Anyway, flavors started to change after that and I got a kind of chalky/chocolatey flavor in the background. The tobacco flavor was still the dominant taste but you could definitely feel the bittersweet choco taste creepin' up. Ok I'm halfway through this cigar and the ash is holding on all the way like a champ. Very nice too. So then on the last 1/4 of the smoke the flavor morphs a little into a woodsy type of flavor. It was nice and mellow but gettin' close to nubbin' and the tobacco flavor came back with a vengance. Made my lips tingle and my stomach start to rumble a little. Whew!! I backed off a little but couldn't resist the flavor so I kept smokin' till I couldn't smoke no more.

Overall, a really good experience with my first taste of the VR line. Good stuff that I would recommend. Lots of smoke and a nice flavor Profile!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Re: Vegas Robaina Famoso

Great review. I always like the reviews that give context because it seems so important to the experience of the smoke.

A cigar don't taste the same on the back of a dog sled in Alaska as it does sitting in a club in Havana. Not like I know what a cigar would taste like in either of those situations.

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

FunkyPorcini said:
Great review.

A cigar don't taste the same on the back of a dog sled in Alaska as it does sitting in a club in Havana. Not like I know what a cigar would taste like in either of those situations.
Right...... whatever you've gotta tell yourself bro :D

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

Nicely done Lascivious, they are a great smoke. Good review.

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts

The 97's I have been smoking of these are like freakin lays potato chips, you can't just smoke one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.