Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This box is from SCO and is dated SEp. 02. The cigars are awsome to look at. Dark and oily, very few viens. The construction is top notch, definately the product of an experienced torcedor. Ok on to the review... this cigar tastes great from start to finish. Perfect draw and burn. It is very smoothe and complex and tastes more mature than 2 years. It starts off a bit slow like all double coronas, then really turns on about an inch and a half in to it. There are flavors of coffee and leather, and it has a long rich finish. I've had these in the past and wasn't that impressed, but it is now my current favorite D.C. To me it has more kick than a Punch or Hoyo D.C. Just recieved another box same factory, but only 8 months age. Same quality, tastes almost as good without the extra age.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Nice review. These are my favorite DC's at the moment. Generally, I'm not a huge fan of most DC's because I find them to be to mild or boring towards the end. I think the VRDA has a good medium body to it and actually does get stronger towards the end.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Brandon. I'm with you, I usually don't smoke too many D.C.'s either. Just don't seem to have enough kick to satisfy. Lusi's are very good when they are on. Have you tried the Monte D.C. Limitada? Maybe I just got a good batch, but to me they seemed very full bodied,full strength. These may be one of the best Limitadas, you don't hear much about them. I'm hoping the Cohiba D.C.'s improve with age, not very impressive now. I think the Siglo VI blows them away for half the price.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have a Monte DC, but I haven't tried it yet. I have not tried a Cohiba DC, but I do agree that the Sig VI is a great smoke. The only DC's I have are the SLR's, and I have yet to touch one of them. The VRDA will be the choice when I do purchase some more DC's. Since it's so rare that I'll smoke a churchill or larger, I have a hard time purchasing a box... let alone an EL of that size. I just seem to get more use out of a cab of PC's and a box TPC's :w

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I smoke more robustos than anything else. I've got a box of Boli petits ARA FEb. 03 (must be a provincial factory) that are delish. I'm sure they would be awsome if I could sit on them a year or so, but you know how that goes.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I had grabbed some of those SLR D.C.'s when they came out. I haven't seen them available anywhere lately. Did you get from Smokeymo?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.