Cigar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you gorillas have been to a big smoke event in the past? It sounds really cool but kinda pricey. Are a lot of you going to the one this year in Vegas?

SB

·
Registered
291 Posts
Been to one in NY. A great experience and worth the price....lots of freebies and an oppurtunity to meet some good folks who know and enjoy their smokes.
Have a great time.
:w

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Went last year to the Las Vegas Big Smoke. The food at the Big Smoke is better than the Cigars. So is the Booze(I don't drink the Booze, But the buddy I went with said those fancy free beers, rums and assorted fancypants liquors were GREAT!

There is a mad rush @ the beginning to get the 30 or so free cigars. Go and eat the Prime Rib, Roast Pork, Pasta, Salads and grab a drink, they have espresso and bottled water. Many very famous resturants are participating. Then after you eat, CAO usually will give you a cigar, light it, tell you to come back and give you another...great business idea. That way while you rub elbows with the aficionados, they all see your smoking a CAO!

Now the cigar booths are clearing out and you walk up and get your free cigar. If you go in and try to get the cigars at the beginning, you'll be in a 4 to 10 people deep cattle herd..I know. It really took away from the night. But I noticed the last hour of the show, no one was lined up anywhere and all the retailers had plenty of smokes to hand out.

Las Vegas is really cool and the folks I met at the Big Smoke were all excellent. Lovers of the leaf enjoying a night of unabashed smoking! Still wavering on going this year, if I do, I'll post it here.

Oh Yeah, be sure to check out the Hummer Girls!!!:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Went to the most recent Big Smoke in Vegas a couple of months ago...already making plans to go back this year!

Food is awesome as was the case with the beverages. Commander's Palace and others fixed some amazing eats. Master rollers from Zino and others were there as well as the Fuente Family. We ended up with over 25 premium cigars to take back with us. CAO did the "light this up and bring us a butt and we'll give you a new one promo" and the Anniversary Maduro was the gift cigar of the day.
Lots of cool lighters and cutters to take back home with us as well.

Big crowd but the convention center at the "Bay" was large enough to handle a crowd 2 to 3 times what was in there.

I'll go to the photo gallery and try and post some pictures from the event. I'm new to Clubstogie but this is a great site!

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
relaxnsmoke said:
Went last year to the Las Vegas Big Smoke. The food at the Big Smoke is better than the Cigars. So is the Booze(I don't drink the Booze, But the buddy I went with said those fancy free beers, rums and assorted fancypants liquors were GREAT!

There is a mad rush @ the beginning to get the 30 or so free cigars. Go and eat the Prime Rib, Roast Pork, Pasta, Salads and grab a drink, they have espresso and bottled water. Many very famous resturants are participating. Then after you eat, CAO usually will give you a cigar, light it, tell you to come back and give you another...great business idea. That way while you rub elbows with the aficionados, they all see your smoking a CAO!

Now the cigar booths are clearing out and you walk up and get your free cigar. If you go in and try to get the cigars at the beginning, you'll be in a 4 to 10 people deep cattle herd..I know. It really took away from the night. But I noticed the last hour of the show, no one was lined up anywhere and all the retailers had plenty of smokes to hand out.

Las Vegas is really cool and the folks I met at the Big Smoke were all excellent. Lovers of the leaf enjoying a night of unabashed smoking! Still wavering on going this year, if I do, I'll post it here.

Damn! I thought relaxnsmoke was back for a minute there!

BTW, Welcome to GolfGoose.

·
Registered
803 Posts
relaxnsmoke said:
I most definitely will...mmmm..."The Hummer Girls"

Welcome aboard!

·
Test Subject
2,645 Posts
Golfgoose said:
Went to the most recent Big Smoke in Vegas a couple of months ago...already making plans to go back this year!

Food is awesome as was the case with the beverages. Commander's Palace and others fixed some amazing eats. Master rollers from Zino and others were there as well as the Fuente Family. We ended up with over 25 premium cigars to take back with us. CAO did the "light this up and bring us a butt and we'll give you a new one promo" and the Anniversary Maduro was the gift cigar of the day.
Lots of cool lighters and cutters to take back home with us as well.

Big crowd but the convention center at the "Bay" was large enough to handle a crowd 2 to 3 times what was in there.

I'll go to the photo gallery and try and post some pictures from the event. I'm new to Clubstogie but this is a great site!
Would like to see the pics.. and welcome to the forum..

Jerry in Minnesota.

·
Registered
756 Posts
i went to the one in atlantic city last year. it was an excellent time. i plan to definitely go again, and would love to make it to the vegas one....really any excuse to go to vegas for me ;)
jimmy
:tpd:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Some Pictures Are Posted!

OK...I've put a few on...will try and get some more added soon...just a sample of the event...it was AWESOME!

Listed under personal album / Golfgoose...not private...everybody can enjoy!

Viva Las Vegas!!
Ken

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok, I feel really lame! I have looked everywhere to find out when the Big Smoke is this year in Vegas.

Anyone have the dates?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts