Cigar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this lighter stay relatively cool to the touch - after around 1 minute of burn time?

I remember seeing some good comments about this lighter, the other day I saw one similar - but different brand and noticed that it became very hot (the body and ignition handle) only after a short while,, just wondering if the same is true for the vector gears - before I order one,,

·
Registered
137 Posts
The button does get pretty hot after the flame has been used for a while. That's the only downside to the lighter. Other than that I love mine.

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
Just for Sh&GR I let my Gear burn for a minute and felt no heat at all. My only complaint is I wish the flip top would open all the way ala a zippo. I keep my Gear open 1/4 turn and have no problems.
I also bought one of the new dual flame Titanics and it goes through gas faster than my 454 Suburban.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hmmm interesting. I can keep mine lit for about 30secs, then the button it too hot to be touched. Are other people's like this, or is it just me? Perhaps mine has a problem.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Ditto with what okie2 experience. Opened it 1/4 turn, kept it lit 1 minute, not hot, not even really warm....button was room temp. The flame stayed steady and even, with that mean little hissy sound. Could of lit my birthday cake! If I moved real fast. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts