Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Van sucked. man what a god awful movie. must have written by a high school kid. plot sucked. had nothing but characters from sci fi historyto make of any interest . talk about dramatic license, at least frankie baby could speak. i know most of the scenes are at night but the screen was so dark there was almost a blur to the whole movie. watch the trailer since all of the good scenes are on it and save the time and money. ps the chicks were hot all 4 of them.

· Registered
296 Posts
I can't say I'm surprised to hear that it sucked. Thats the trend nowadays, make a crappy movie loosely based on comics or something similar and rake in the $$. :sb
My friends had went to see The Punisher and couldn't stop talking about they thought it was so good, I went to see it and wanted my money back about 10mins into it. I no longer go see comic book based movies in the theater, I'll just wait until they come out on video. :cool:

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah about the only really true to character comic book movie i have seen is the crow. not to say a few others weren't good just not true to the writers. i think marvel is doing a disservice to those of us that read the comic books just to make up for the losses they have from sales of the books.

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i like anime as well. i love both vampire d and vampire hunter d bloodlust. done several years apart they show old school g-force anime and the new, ultra color ultra drawn anime. while i live both i do have a place in my heart for the old school since i grew up with it. anime can also be used for every kind of movie from **** to comedy to sci fi/fantasy.

· Registered
296 Posts
I've got both the Vampire Hunter Ds also, but I like the original better. There is some great stuff out there right now, and the animation is looking better than ever. My new favorite is a series called Berserk, you should check it out it's good stuff.

· Registered
45 Posts
I would have to say not nearly as bad as the last Matrix movie. I couldn't even bring myself to finish that one! Van Helsing is brainless but rather fun. I thought the ending blew :pu but most of it was enjoyable if silly.

--Will

· Registered
2,182 Posts
:r @ rns.....

I thought the last 2 Matrix movies sucked a$$, althought I own them just to complete the trilogy...just like I have Episode 1 and 2, even though they weren't all that great. As for VH I will be waiting for the DVD. I want to see The Punisher. IMHo the best comic book movies are Blade(I and II) and the X-men. The Hulk could have been sweet, but Ang Lee screwed the pooch on that. Don't get me started on DD or LXG. But they are fun to watch, they just don't do justice to the comics.

I also have Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust. Thought it was awsome. Love the animation. I am looking forward to the second spidey, enjoyed the first one also (forgot to mention that one). Oh well we'll see.

:z

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.