Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
That's not like it's long distance travel either. Those places are all relatively close to eachother.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mich_smoker

·
Registered
Cigars from Nicaragua, Honduras mostly
5 Posts
A while back I received a box of cigars from FED X. The box was heavily taped up, & much heavier than expected. When I cut through all the tape I found my cigars, fortunately not damaged ! Also found two SNAP-ON tools. A 1" drive 12" wobble, & a socket with female extension hole for pry bar. These are heavy diesel tools. Where/how did they get in with my cigars?
Feeling sorry for the intended receiver of said tools, I tried to get FED X to take care of this. "I'm sorry, we aren't set up to handle this." Really?

·
The Karate Squid
10,158 Posts
While your situation is nuts, I can tell you from experience that it's the exception not the rule. We have shipped now somewhere around ten thousand packages all over the country for our business with USPS. Of those, I've had maybe a handful go missing, and maybe another handful with bouncing around as you're experiencing.

I'll be honest, I was actually a bit surprised at how good they are doing overall. A better than 99.9% success rating isn't too shabby.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A while back I received a box of cigars from FED X. The box was heavily taped up, & much heavier than expected. When I cut through all the tape I found my cigars, fortunately not damaged ! Also found two SNAP-ON tools. A 1" drive 12" wobble, & a socket with female extension hole for pry bar. These are heavy diesel tools. Where/how did they get in with my cigars?
Feeling sorry for the intended receiver of said tools, I tried to get FED X to take care of this. "I'm sorry, we aren't set up to handle this." Really?
Let me know if you find my 10mm socket…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
You wouldn't think USPS was the prefered parcel delivery method for domestic, but they are ususally the quickest. We usually ship FedEx since half of the stuff is international and it's more effiecient for us. Let me tell you, they do not have the same 99.9% success rate, LOL.
*I can tell you stories of 1/4 million in international freigtht going missing:eek: Not from the big boys though. (alright i can't really tell you those kinds of stories for obvious reasons.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts