Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both the House and the Senate have voted to end the travel restrictions to Cuba this year. But "Arbusto" will veto it or manipulate the US Congress so that it's not implemented--after all, it's about 800,000 votes in Florida and the 2004 election--not any real concern for the Cuban people.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031023/ap_on_go_co/us_cuba_travel_3

This quote is pretty good...

'Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, a co-sponsor with Dorgan, said fighting terrorism and drug trafficking should be a higher priority than Cuban tourism. He said a Treasury office was spending 10 percent of its budget "to track down little old grammas from the West Coast who through a Canadian travel agency chose to bike in Cuba."'

In any case, I believe that this vote is further evidence that, in general, the U.S. populance is tired of these assinine Cuban policies.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just came back in to see if this had been discovered by anyone in the jungle. I just saw the headline on Yahoo.

It's a step closer, but it'll be a dog fight I think.

I think I'll get a 5 pack of Siglo's first, then off to the beach or a jazz club, no, the bait shop or...

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
When & if, it ever does get 100% lifted, the thought of a "SoCal in Havana Herf V in 2004" would be a neat thing LOL:D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba. there's no place like cuba.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
lee - i have the logo ready for when we get there... notify barry and gordon and gelman ummmmmmmm... ok forget gelman... that i'll have our socal V shirts ready:

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
robmcd said:
lee - i have the logo ready for when we get there... notify barry and gordon and gelman ummmmmmmm... ok forget gelman... that i'll have our socal V shirts ready:
I say we all get a legal permit through the government to go study .....cigars.....I mean the Torah in one of the few remaining temples in Havana.

We can do an all Habanos Shabbat Service......lol

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Lee, your wife wont even let you come over for Saturday herfs. What makes you think she'll let you go to Havana?

Remember, sometimes "yes" means "no". :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
poker said:
Lee, your wife wont even let you come over for Saturday herfs. What makes you think she'll let you go to Havana?

Remember, sometimes "yes" means "no". :D
NOT!!!!

I get out when it is possible, not when she says yes or no. :p

I guess i'll See you tomorrow.

:fu

:D

:r

·
Registered
93 Posts
poker said:
I DARE you to come over New Years Eve this time. :r
That dare could end my marrige...........Damn, I like a good challenge......Yes or No Yes or No Yes or No .......ARGH!!!!!!

:c

:r

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
A herf in Havana! Wow!!!!!!!
Drooling in anticipation.
Who's for setting up a collection and electing a congressman who really knows how to plow a bill through congress?

Aw, what the hell, too much wishful thinking. Jean-David, I think I'm ready for another box of R&J.

MoTheMan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts