Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
What would Skeeter do?
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've all heard of people who will eat cold pizza for breakfast (I've done that).
What unusual, or not normally accepted for breakfast foods, do you enjoy?

I love cookies for breakfast. I had coffee & snickerdoodles this morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
For breakfast today: 1 cup of coffee, 2 slices of cold pizza, 1 cold KFC chicken (extra crispy) breast, handfull of vitamens and a bowl of oatmeal.

I also like cookies for breakfast on the weekends, but I prefer white chocolate and macadamin(sp?) nuts.

The crazziest thing I ate for breakfast I guess would be a 6 pack of bear (college years) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,402 Posts
MM2(SW)S said:
For breakfast today: 1 cup of coffee, 2 slices of cold pizza, 1 cold KFC chicken (extra crispy) breast, handfull of vitamens and a bowl of oatmeal.
Holy crap.. Makes me sick to my stomach...

I love salsa on my eggs..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,722 Posts
I rarely eat breakfast that consists of more than a cigar and Starbucks, but, when I DO, I enjoy scrambled eggs with loads of maple syrup on them, and a side of fried bologna. :)

In the U.K. I found myself eating Scotch Eggs, which are hard boiled eggs coated with ground sausage, and then deep fried to a golden brown.

Gee...ya think that could be why my cholesterol is high? :hn
 

·
X Canadian
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
MM2(SW)S said:
For breakfast today: 1 cup of coffee, 2 slices of cold pizza, 1 cold KFC chicken (extra crispy) breast, handfull of vitamens and a bowl of oatmeal. :D
I'd go there.

My favorite breakfast is when we go to the Northwoods Inn. I get fried chicken, steak and scallops combo and they serve cheese toast with it. The next morning I put the chicken and steak on cold cheesetoast. Excellent!
 

·
An ass, not a fish
Joined
·
4,476 Posts
"...the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad....so I had one more for dessert...."

How about eggs scrambled with Swiss chard, onions and cinnamon? Some Lebanese thing my mother would make when I was growing up. No wonder I preferred the beer in college ......

Or even better. I call this one cholesterol stew. Fry up a pound of bacon. In the grease, fry up a pound of chicken livers. In the remaining grease, fry up some calf brains. Eat with toast. Have your cardiologist's number handy .. you're looking at several GRAMS of cholesterol intake in this one meal. I can't believe my mother fed us that as kids....and we ate it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,347 Posts
After a night of heavy drinking, the next morning, I like to take some really cheap frozen pizza, break it into pieces, (still frozen), put it in a bowl, pour Guinness all over it, and float Lucky Charms cereal on top. Sprinkle a bit of pepper all over it, and a bit of maple syrup, and; hey, you're good-to-go. A biscuit soaked in malt-o-meal (any flavor) make a nice dipping accoutrement.

If I'm really hungry, I'll follow it up with some frozen fish sticks smothered with pickles covered in hot picante sauce, doused with buttermilk and grated bleu cheese. If fruit is in order for breakfast, I'll replace the buttermilk with a nice chianti wine. (This is really good if you just happen to have some leftover liver to accompany it...I never do; as I love liver).
 

·
An ass, not a fish
Joined
·
4,476 Posts
Uniputt said:
... cheap frozen pizza, break it into pieces, (still frozen), put it in a bowl, pour Guinness all over it, and float Lucky Charms cereal on top. Sprinkle a bit of pepper all over it, and a bit of maple syrup ....
Now THATS Good Eats......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,982 Posts
I knew you guys had issues.... :r :r
 

·
X Canadian
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
SeanGAR said:
How about eggs scrambled with Swiss chard, onions and cinnamon? Some Lebanese thing my mother would make when I was growing up. No wonder I preferred the beer in college ......

Or even better. I call this one cholesterol stew. Fry up a pound of bacon. In the grease, fry up a pound of chicken livers. In the remaining grease, fry up some calf brains. Eat with toast. Have your cardiologist's number handy .. you're looking at several GRAMS of cholesterol intake in this one meal. I can't believe my mother fed us that as kids....and we ate it!
Not the cardiologist, call for a stomach pump!!!!

SeanGar must be some kind of DP (displaced person) Canadian thing. My mother used to get dandelions and fry them with eggs and feed them to us for breakfast. Mom used to also cook blood pudding?? It was a blood sausage fried. She also made tripe for breakfast.

Once my Grandpa passed away we never had to eat any of that stuff again......whew!!
 

·
What would Skeeter do?
Joined
·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like therapy is in order for a few of ya's. :tg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
SeanGAR said:
"...the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad....so I had one more for dessert...."

How about eggs scrambled with Swiss chard, onions and cinnamon? Some Lebanese thing my mother would make when I was growing up. No wonder I preferred the beer in college ......
My mom made that when I was kid. So if you don't mind me asking, are you Lebanese aswell?
 

·
Silverback
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
chili in the morning sometimes sucks
 

·
An ass, not a fish
Joined
·
4,476 Posts
MM2(SW)S said:
My mom made that when I was kid. So if you don't mind me asking, are you Lebanese aswell?
My mother's dad came from Lebanon over to Canada in the late 1800s with his family, and a couple of his uncles and aunts. Originally from Bikfaya (Jamael aka Gemayel).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
SeanGAR said:
My mother's dad came from Lebanon over to Canada in the late 1800s with his family, and a couple of his uncles and aunts. Originally from Bikfaya (Jamael aka Gemayel).
That is cool my grandmother and grandfather on my mother side came over from Lebanon in the 1920's. Small world. Grandfather came to Pitttsburgh and my grandmother was from akron ohio area. So do you eat/like othe Lebanese food?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,870 Posts
Okay, I'm still trying to suppress the gagging reflex from MM2 and Uniputt's posts...

Suddenly my "odd" breakfast doesn't seem to cut the muster. Menudo for breakfast is really big here in Reno and on occasion I have had it at a little restaurant called Super Burrito.

Generally my breakfast is a black coffee and yogurt, sometimes oatmeal. Always lots of black coffee.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
D. Generate said:
Okay, I'm still trying to suppress the gagging reflex from MM2 and Uniputt's posts...

Suddenly my "odd" breakfast doesn't seem to cut the muster. Menudo for breakfast is really big here in Reno and on occasion I have had it at a little restaurant called Super Burrito.

Generally my breakfast is a black coffee and yogurt, sometimes oatmeal. Always lots of black coffee.
My taste for foods have mellowed as I gotten older, when I was in highschool and college I would eat some strange concoctions, like peperoni pizza with jalopeno and marshmellows stuff like that sounds so sick but at the time it was great.

No Menudo is good, but it has to have a lot of Cho Lulu sauce or tapatito sauce and a ton of jalapenos. I liek spicy food.

And if any one cares My midnight snack is going to be smothered steak mashed potateos peas and some wine to wash it down.
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top