Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 293 Posts

· Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd put out a thread for NHL fans!

Personally I'm an Avs fan, but I'll watch a hockey game at any level.

Avatar Q&A! (I'm an American and proud of it, but I love the way the Canadian women party!!!)

Bring on all NHL talk all the time!

· 88 miles per hour!!
153 Posts
I love all of the old hockey teams: Habs, Rangers, Leafs, Hawks...

I can't say I enjoy the warm weather teams for some reason...not sure why.

But, Hawks fan for sure since I'm in chicago and the team has had a tremendous renaissance in the past 3 years. Not looking too good this year for them however

· some say I'm a dreamer...
3,335 Posts
I can't believe I missed this thread! I'm a big hockey fan. The Lightning are my favorite team by a long shot but I also like the Blues and Sharks(although I hate Thornton).

Anyone here play or played hockey? I play at the Lightning practice facility in Brandon, FL.

· Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I played hockey for almost 16 years growing up, semi competitive youth hockey. We were fairly good, went to nationals quite a few years and won a couple. Now I'm coaching, which is a lot of fun!

3,335 Posts
Awesome, I coach also. Great avatar too! I thought that was hilarious!

If you don't know the story: the Canadian Women's team got in trouble for celebrating their gold medal win by going on the ice after the game with alcohol and cigars.

· Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome, I coach also. Great avatar too! I thought that was hilarious!

If you don't know the story: the Canadian Women's team got in trouble for celebrating their gold medal win by going on the ice after the game with alcohol and cigars.
Brian what's hockey like down in florida? I coached a kid who's family just moved up from around the panthers. They said the die hards are crazy, but the popularity of hockey in a state where sun and sand rule is. We played a couple florida teams back in my day if memory serves me correct.

But I have to give it to my neighbors from up north, canadian youth teams are tough. They start 'em early and develop quickly!

3,335 Posts
Brian what's hockey like down in florida? I coached a kid who's family just moved up from around the panthers. They said the die hards are crazy, but the popularity of hockey in a state where sun and sand rule is. We played a couple florida teams back in my day if memory serves me correct.

But I have to give it to my neighbors from up north, canadian youth teams are tough. They start 'em early and develop quickly!
It really depends. In Miami, it's better than you'd expect but it's no where near what it is in Tampa. Here we have three hockey rinks within 30 mins of eachother and one about 45 mins out. The rink I skate at is actually ranked in the top 25 in the US on numbers of players/level of play(We have 10 rec league levels, not counting over 35). In Orlando, RDV is one of the best facilities in the US to play at. It's surprisingly quite popular, roller on the other hand... not soo popular.

· Registered
59 Posts
Go Stars! I don't think we can catch San Jose, but I'm hoping for a 4 or 5 seed. The western conference is ridiculously tight. We've only played 63 games as opposed to teams in front of Dallas right now.

· Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I thought the trading deadline was very interesting this year, some great trades and as always a lot of little ones. I thought Captials picking up Arnott was big as well as Penner to the Kings. Was surprised Richards didn't go to the Rangers. I'm hoping the Avs get things figured out this offseason!

1 - 20 of 293 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.