Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hadn't been out to a movie in a long ass time. So I decided to take the afternoon off and go see Jet Li's new movie. I am a Jet Li fan . I didn't really know a lot about the movie before I went. But I had seen one or two previews so I knew there was a lot of action in it, which is always a good reason to see a movie IMHO. Well I was right, lots of action, also some slow parts.....but not slow as in The Postman or Waterworld slow. The slow parts were very well done. Morgan Freeman was superb. I don't want to give anything about this movie away.....so I won't say what part he plays or anything else about his character. It reminded me of a mixture of old school Hong Kong action blended with modern day action movies, with some Drama thrown in there all taking place in Scotland. Good acting all around...IMHO. But I prefer movies that are fun and exciting to watch, that hold my attention. If the acting is great, but the movie sucks, who cares about the acting??? Just my thoughts.....

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Hmm! Maybe my next go to rental.
Just watched the trailer last night. Now I'm interested.

Mo

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Cool - this one definitely looked interesting. I can guarantee I'll be watching this one on the home setup some friday night after the wife has fallen asleep watching some silly "Lifetime television for Beatches" original.

When she wakes up, I'll re-cap the dross she was watching before with some crap like: "Well, richard and tracy had the baby, they got her ex husband put in jail finally, and the kids made it back out of foster care after some really tough scenes - it was so touching..."

and she'll retort with: " you watched some stupid Kung Fu movie didn't you"

me: "Yes, but I bet I got the ending right on your movie anyway"

and we'll go to sleep deeply in love.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
RcktS4 said:
Cool - this one definitely looked interesting. I can guarantee I'll be watching this one on the home setup some friday night after the wife has fallen asleep watching some silly "Lifetime television for Beatches" original.

When she wakes up, I'll re-cap the dross she was watching before with some crap like: "Well, richard and tracy had the baby, they got her ex husband put in jail finally, and the kids made it back out of foster care after some really tough scenes - it was so touching..."

That is one of the funniest posts I've read in awhile!! :r

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Been wanting to see this one, myself!

It was released overseas as "Dog" in France, and "Benny the Dog" everywhere else. Wish they stuck with the title, as "Unleashed" sort of sounds like a poo action flick title, and I hear this movie is so much better than that!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
RcktS4 said:

:r Classic!!! And so, so horribly true. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
706 Posts
RcktS4 said:

Hit the nail on the head :r !!

·
Registered
952 Posts
RcktS4 said:

:r LMAO. Its amazing how your dialogue sounds like my wife and I.

:u

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.