Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I would like to donate to help victims of the recent earthquake/tsunami in Asia. But experience has taught me to be leery of charitable organizations and their actual dollars spent on aid.

Any ideas for worthwhile charities? How 'bout American Red Cross International Disaster Fund?

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Heartpumper said:
Ok, I would like to donate to help victims of the recent earthquake/tsunami in Asia. But experience has taught me to be leery of charitable organizations and their actual dollars spent on aid.

Any ideas for worthwhile charities? How 'bout American Red Cross International Disaster Fund?
I don't know if there is a safer group than the Red Cross. My favorite chaity is the Salvation Army for my normal giving. But the Red Cross are the folks for this type of assistance.

·
Registered
831 Posts
http://www.networkforgood.org/topic.../tsunami122604.aspx?source=YAHOO&cmpgn=HMPCRS

If you look at the above web page, there is a list of sources for donations along with the % of proceeds actually going to the victims. They are all not for profit and they give you fiscal year donations, overhead, etc. in case you want to know who to give to that will get you the most bang for the buck.

I feel just horrible about all those people over there. Going to make a donation myself to the Doctors without Borders....

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I'll do something, but not online. I will call the Red Cross Help Now #. Thanx folks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.