Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The humidity in my humi has been around 60%. I tried filling the humidifier up with 50/50 solution twice, then I tried just straight distilled water. It went up to about 62% and has been there for a few days. I then tried putting in three small sponge pieces, damp with straight distilled water. One sponge on the top tray, two on the bottom (This is where most of the cigars are). It looks like this is starting to bring up the humidity. After one day it was at 64%. Does anyone use sponges in this manner in there humi to adjust humidity ??

Thanks, Boltman

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a humidor that justs lifts up from the top. No drawers. I have two hygrometers. One Analog, which jas been calibrated using the salt test and one difgital which I just received about a week ago. The analog reads 66%, the digital reads 63%, so they are close but I am tending to believe the digital reading. The temperature seems good at 68 degrees.

The cigars seem a bit on the dry side. They do crinkle when squeezing them lightly. The three small sponges I added to the humi seem to be helping. I will check the RH again tonight and see if it went up more. One thing I did notice is the sponges dried out fairly quick when I checked them yesterday. Maybe it's just taking time for the dry cigars to absorb the moisture.

Thanks again, Boltman

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.