Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all!

I just had to take a minute to tell you a bit about the type of people some of you know are here; and the rest of us are learning are here. The more you post and read the threads, the more this forum seems like Nirvana! But until you experience first hand; you're just really clueless.

Today, I made a run to my office to check mt systems, and email. Thought I would go ahead and grab the mail from the post box on the way. I knew something was supposed to be coming soon, but honestly almost couldn'y bring myself to truely believe it until I saw it. Today I SAW IT!!!

As a lot of you know; I've recently discovered that several of the ISOMs that I had purchased were fakes!! I now know this because I was stupid enough to send a stick that was passed to me from somewhere I wasn;t fully informed about. DUMB! Anyway, the gentleman that recieved these smokes from me did not get angry or bitter!! HUH? Don't know how I would have reacted!

Instead of being hostile or vindictive, this true BOTL put my misfortune ahead of his own. He expressed his concern and understood my frustrations and disappointment. Then out of the kindness of his heart; proceeded to send me some of his real ISOMs in return!!! Why? Because he knows how to be a BOTL and one hell of a stand up guy!! He REALLY wanted me to experience what the true ISOMs were all about!

COOKIEBOY364; if you are out there; my hats off to you sir!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. What an example you have set for me and for all else who follow. If anyone else can learn from this or ever have the pleasure of being your friend; they are lucky indeed.

THANK YOU!!!

Dave

PS - DAMN, if I could figure out how to give ring guage, I would be all over it!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
That's a great story! Congrats to you both!

As for giving Ring Gauge, click on any of cookieboy's posts and click the icon that looks like a folder with a checkmark and an "X". A dialogue box will pop up giving you the option to add or subtract ring gauge as well as leave a comment. He deserves it!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hollywood,

Well said. I am amazed as well by the generosity and general group of great people involved in this lifestyle and expecialy this site. No matter how old I get I am always glad I have great people like you and the others here to learn from.

Rock On!!!:)

·
-
11,412 Posts
hollywood said:
PS - DAMN, if I could figure out how to give ring guage, I would be all over it!!
the bottom left of their post, under their name, there's a few symbols. the one you want looks grey-ish in color with a checkmark in it. it's the middle of 3 symbols. if i could view them right now (for some reason, when i'm home i can't see ANY photos on here), i'd show you in an attachment.

anyway, click that, a dialogue box will pop up, and you can add RG and give a reason why if you choose, only they will see the reason why.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
What did he send you...we want to know? How about some pics???

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
hollywood said:
Just posted the pic now! Check 'em out. Not the size of the bomb; but the impact, that counts!!! :D

SCDLH El Pricipes(2)
Party Short
Very cool....nicely done CB. :D

·
Registered
904 Posts
Glad to hear all worked out in the end.

This place is amazing -- No other site can come close.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It seems all has worked out in the end. Lessons were learned and even more importantly, generosity shown all around. I enjoy this site immensely and much of that is because of the brotherhood shown here daily. Awsome gesture CB and to Hollywood for posting about the fact.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Navydoc said:
It seems all has worked out in the end. Lessons were learned and even more importantly, generosity shown all around. I enjoy this site immensely and much of that is because of the brotherhood shown here daily. Awsome gesture CB and to Hollywood for posting about the fact.
Hey Doc, Looks like this March bombing will be a hit?

Salud!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I'm glad everything turned out this way! I knew that it would, because the people here are top notch. Great news.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.