Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and saw Troy last weekend.........thought it was awsome. Pretty much nonstop action. A laundry list of actors. Brad Pitt did a great job as Achilles, Eric Bana was good as Hector. Orlando Bloom did well with Paris, even thought it was hard to watch him play a wimp after the three LOTR and Pirates. I could continue the list.....but they all did well. The cinamatography was excellent. The special effect were also good. It has been a while since I have gone to a movie that I would go see again in the theater. The last time was the first Matrix. Which I saw 5 times in the theater.

:z

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife who was an English major and I saw Troy. As she said they did not follow Homer at all. The more you know the original Greek storyline the less you will appreciate this movie.

I am one of those people that when you mention Homer, he thinks about Homer Simpson! :sb

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
This is a re-post.

Sorry to disappoint you folks, but I thought that this movie SUCKED!!!

Yeah, the movie was visually great. Wonderful scenery, glittery costumes, lots of great fight action!! Heck, I even wish I could have a beach house where some of those scenes were filmed.

But the movie was shallow, stupid, hard to follow. Just what the heck was going on here?

There was a 2 part TV miniseries that came out in 2003 starring Rufus Sewell and Sienna Guillory called Helen of Troy. A very cheaply made movie, not very visually appealing at times (except the scenes where Helen goes naked), but man, very true to the story of Troy & The Illiad. This movie captured a lot more of what went on, the emotions, the motivations, what drove these people of history to act and be who and what they were. Helen of Troy, I would recommend, especially if you're a lover of the classics. :)

BTW, FYI, Achilles died ON THE BATTLEFIELD from an arrow wound to his heel (hence the term Achilles Heel indicating a person's weakness), not in the city of Troy as the movie TROY portrays. Achilles never lived long enough to see Troy fall. :tg

:w :w

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.