Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone. Been lurking for a while as I researched which humi to buy and ended up getting the Treasure Chest on the Devil Site. It'll be here later this week. Very excited!!!

ANYWAY...

I am considering my humidification options and think I'll end up with beads. Either Cigar Mechanic or Heartfelt.

One issue I have is...What physical size are the original humidifiers??? I'm curious if some of the ones that come with beads will fit directly in the cut-out section or not.

Also...If anyone can recommend a place to get beads, let me know. JR Cigar is the best for Cigar Mechanic I can find by a pretty good price. Beats CheapHumidors pretty easily, surprisingly...

I'm also not certain if I'll go with Heartfelt or Cigar Mechanic, but am guessing there isn't that much of a difference, except the Heartfelt can be purchased in different RH values.

Appreciate all comments and hurray for my first Puff Post!

Mike

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
I have a treasure chest.
Not sure of the humidifier size but I ended up using two tubes of heartfelt beads in mine at 65% rH. Both are on the bottom on opposite sides and work very well. They are the large size.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a treasure chest.
Not sure of the humidifier size but I ended up using two tubes of heartfelt beads in mine at 65% rH. Both are on the bottom on opposite sides and work very well. They are the large size.
Thanks!

Instead of trying to put a potentially non-conforming humidifier in, I decided I will modify the ones that came with it to hold the Heartfelt Beads.

Along with the 1/2 pound of 65% that I purchased, I purchased one of the bags that I will use to modify the original humidifier to hold the beads. I also purchased some of the long, thin tubes to hold the extra beads. Desire being to have the tubes on the bottom and second row, along with the ones in the humidifier in the lid. :)

Overall, considering how "easy" these beads are supposed to be, plus the fact that they last a lifetime, the ~$45 I spent was well worth it.

Now I just have to sit and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for everything to come in!

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Thanks!

Instead of trying to put a potentially non-conforming humidifier in, I decided I will modify the ones that came with it to hold the Heartfelt Beads.

Along with the 1/2 pound of 65% that I purchased, I purchased one of the bags that I will use to modify the original humidifier to hold the beads. I also purchased some of the long, thin tubes to hold the extra beads. Desire being to have the tubes on the bottom and second row, along with the ones in the humidifier in the lid. :)

Overall, considering how "easy" these beads are supposed to be, plus the fact that they last a lifetime, the ~$45 I spent was well worth it.

Now I just have to sit and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for everything to come in!
My tubes are the older style and hold 8 ounces together (1/2 pound). The beads have been in operation for two years and work extremely well. Personally I have them on the bottom as that seems to work best as far as how I like them to smoke. I only rotate my stash in the TD once a year.
Don't forget to season the humidor, other wise it will give you fits.
This sticky by Herf N Turf is the best one out there. You follow it and you can't go wrong. http://www.cigarforums.net/forums/v...5096-how-herf-n-turf-seasons-new-humidor.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.