Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I will be travelling to Mexico soon and would like to know how I should transport my tupperdor which contains 25 cigars, Boved 65rh pack & a hygrometer.
Should I place the tupperdor in my check in or carry on?
Will I need to let the cigars sit a few days once there or are they good to smoke immediately?
I believe I can't take my butane torch lighter or butane refill and so will have to pick up a soft flame lighter over there.....correct?

Thank you for any help in advance,
Cali

Registered
I went to Mexico a few years ago with a 20 count humidor in my carry-on (only piece of luggage) and was smoking cigars the day I arrived without problems. I didn't take a lighter and used matches while there. Added bonus...you'll have an empty humidor to fill before you return...馃憤

Registered
Went to Mexico a couple times with cigars, last time was two years ago, before the pandemic. I brought a tupper full of smokes with a boveda , no issues whatsoever and ready to smoke on day one. I also had no issues with my torch or cutter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to Mexico a couple times with cigars, last time was two years ago, before the pandemic. I brought a tupper full of smokes with a boveda , no issues whatsoever and ready to smoke on day one. I also had no issues with my torch or cutter

Thanx, can I ask wow you packed the cutter and torch and check in or carry on?

Registered
You have to check them. Also make sure you completely drain your lighter before flight. Then you can grab some butane when you get to Mexico

Reactions: CaliG

Smoking Volunteer
Then sounds like matches are the way to go
I travel to Mexico at least a couple times a year. I put a couple of very cheap no name torches in my shaving kit. They have never been confiscated, and if they were they鈥檙e cheap. A torch is absolutely necessary if you want to light a cigar on the beach! Matches won鈥檛 hold up to the breeze.
I bring my cigars in heavy 5 finger cigar baggies, and then double bag them in zip lock bags. I wrap the bundle in a couple shirts.
Be absolutely sure to declare your cigars going into Mexican customs. You can bring up to 25.

Super Moderator
I travel to Mexico at least a couple times a year. I put a couple of very cheap no name torches in my shaving kit. They have never been confiscated, and if they were they鈥檙e cheap. A torch is absolutely necessary if you want to light a cigar on the beach! Matches won鈥檛 hold up to the breeze.
I bring my cigars in heavy 5 finger cigar baggies, and then double bag them in zip lock bags. I wrap the bundle in a couple shirts.
Be absolutely sure to declare your cigars going into Mexican customs. You can bring up to 25.

If you're gonna listen to any one. Bob's your guy. I've seen more pics of him in Mexico than I have of my grandkids in general.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Registered
Thanx, can I ask wow you packed the cutter and torch and check in or carry on?
Carry-on. Cheap torch, cheap cutter just in case they get confiscated but never had an issue, maybe just got lucky. I put both the lighter and the cutter inside the tupper so if it gets inspected, it鈥檚 kind of obvious what everything goes with and why

Minister of Propaganda
I just flew into Mexico yesterday and I average about 30 flights a year within the US. Almost every flight I take cigars in a pistol case (it鈥檚 a knock-off brand similar to Pelican). Cigars and my torch go in my carry-on. They鈥檝e never received a second look from TSA. The torch is a cheap Amazon special because I鈥檝e assumed it was only a matter of time until some security agent decided to confiscate it鈥 so far so good though.

I always pack my cutters and Modus in my checked luggage.

I never declare anything to Customs either going into or coming back from a foreign country. Your mileage may vary on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts