Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All:

Newbie who recently just purchased first humidor and is really getting into cigars. I am traveling to an east coast beach town w/some cigars. Although I don't have a travel humi, I plan on keeping the smokes in a ziplock w/one of those Fuente disposable humidor packs. Will the cigars be okay being so close to the ocean?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
If you want to feel really secure, put em in a tupperware box first and then the ziploc!

(this also serve the purpose of keeping them undamaged until it's time to ignite!)

·
Registered
756 Posts
ChiTown said:
Hey All:

Newbie who recently just purchased first humidor and is really getting into cigars. I am traveling to an east coast beach town w/some cigars. Although I don't have a travel humi, I plan on keeping the smokes in a ziplock w/one of those Fuente disposable humidor packs. Will the cigars be okay being so close to the ocean?
which beach are you heading to? depending on where it is you might be able to just keep them in my humidor... at least until they dissapear ;)
jimmy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jimmy said:
which beach are you heading to? depending on where it is you might be able to just keep them in my humidor... at least until they dissapear ;)
jimmy
Heading to Lewes, DE - I've lived all over MD. Twelve years in Rockville and several in Annapolis/Pasadena.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Dude! What you really need to worry about is the pictures of the beautiful um scenery that you are going to post for us. :cool:

·
Registered
283 Posts
kansashat said:
Dude! What you really need to worry about is the pictures of the beautiful um scenery that you are going to post for us. :cool:
LOL in Lewes?! The jersey shore on a clear day MAYBE. Or you'd prefer the chicken houses on the way up? I almost went to high school in Lewes, but don't remember much else...

Have a blast, it sounds like a relaxing time! I sure wish I could be relaxing right now, someplace far away...

·
Registered
756 Posts
ChiTown said:
Heading to Lewes, DE - I've lived all over MD. Twelve years in Rockville and several in Annapolis/Pasadena.
lewes is nice. i am only about an hour from there. spent a lot of my years in dewey beach.
also the guy that just won the senior british open golf championship was from lewes, delaware. you going to visit him ;)

have a great time
jimmy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jimmy said:
lewes is nice. i am only about an hour from there. spent a lot of my years in dewey beach.
also the guy that just won the senior british open golf championship was from lewes, delaware. you going to visit him ;)

have a great time
jimmy
Ahh...Dewey Beach. Had serveral memorable (or perhaps not so!) weekends there! No golf planned in this lifetime though. :w

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Enjoy yourself man! Your cigars will be fine. I hope that cigars at the beach is a freedom we'll be able to exercise for many years to come. I'm just waiting for Kolliefornia's lawmakers to ban all smoking from our public beaches. *Sigh*

SB

·
Registered
119 Posts
speaking of beaches, im heading to OBX in 2 days for a week. Sitting on the beach drinking beer smoking cigars (or in the second floor deck hottub at our beach house). It will be VERY good times. :w

·
Registered
39 Posts
chi man,

you are only a short distance from Ocean City maryland. It is a haapening town. I used one of my old R & J boxes with a humidore pillow it keeps them viery nice.

By the way some of my favorite eaterys ae in Chi town.

gibsons on rush ---best steak in the city , Bone in chop
shaws downtown
Gene & Giorgettis
Chi Chop house ----great for Steaks and cigars

I'm hungry !!!

Have a good time at the beach

Kid

·
Registered
921 Posts
Jimmy,
Florida is great. Thought of you today. I was at the supermarket and I saw chocolate milk in a glass jug.... Rising Sun - best there is.
As soon as I get a hot minute I will PM with a life update.
2 or 3 months until you tie the knot if I recall.

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
just be sure to keep them out of direct sunlight if the're in a ziplock bag. They will "sweat" and taste like cr*p. Happened to me once - left them in the sun for only 5 min and they were ruined... :mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.