Cigar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember when i was a newbie (on the internet). i probably would have fallen for some slick talking guy that wanted to do a trade or a box split. fortunately i made a friend through smoke magazine as we did reviews together. you newer guys to cigars or cigar BB's HAVE TO LEARN to take your time and make friends. meet folks at herfs/parties. use bb's or chatrooms and get to know folks. i have never had a trade or split go wrong because i took the time to get to know the people i trade with. i just don't want you to get a con job from some guy that acts like he is your friend. watch how new people post. you will see how some guys go from newbies to know it alls in a few months. these are the folks to look out for. if they have like less than 20 posts don't trust them just yet. if they want to know about cuban sources and then organize buys or trades watch out (may be the real deal but be weary). better to save up and buy yourself or get a small clique going like my friends and i did when i first got online. ask some long time poster if you could get in on a trade (better if they are in the same city/location). just be patient and get to know people before you send them money. oh and if you are the one ordering, never EVER send cigars before you get the money.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.