Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the illustriuos LLGs,

What brand of torch fuel has worked the best for you.

I have used Blazer, Vector, Colibri, King, Prometheus, & Ronson to name a few.

... rjs

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have always used brand specific fuel in my lighters. I currently use a S.T. Dupont Extend lighter and use Dupont Extend fuel. I did fill up during the SoCal herf from one of the many cans of Lava fuel that Poker had placed around, did not have a problem and noticed many others using it. Lava seem sgreat for the money although I don't know the long term effects. Maybe Poker can elaborate.

·
Registered
756 Posts
CT-
where do you get the dupont fluid? i just recently got a dupont and it did say to use theirs(like everything does), but i have not adheared to that suggestion yet.
thanx
jimmy

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I use only Colibri fuel in my Extend with no problems. For my other lighters, I've run the gamut. Vector has worked the best so far, but I forgot all about Lava and will give it a try. Thanks Poker.

... rjs

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
I've used Lava and Vector, both with good luck, although I liked Lava more.
There's also a new Blazer brand (or it could be old, but I just recently acquired a can) and it's worked well for me.

MoTheMan

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
FYI

I found out the JR Cigars is well stocked with Lava Butane fuel.
Problem is that they can't ship it to customers due to it being considered a hazardous substance.
BUT, if you live within driving distance of one of their E. Coast stores, you can buy a can for $3.50.

MoTheMan

P.S. Maybe someone can arrange a group buy if we can find a way to ship it cheaply.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts