Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about asking all these questions about Torano's!!!
I keep on hearing great things about these and Im about to order a few.

Question: Which is the most powerful in the Torano Line, and whats your favorite regardless of strength?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I really like Toranos. But I haven't had them all. My personal favorite is the Signature collection. I put these at a very solid medium in strength. Excellent strength to flavor ballance IMO. If you like the taste of Brazilian wrapper tobacco or enjoy the CAO Brazilias these might be a good bet. IMO the sigs are not as strong as the Brazilias though.

The Exodus Gold I put a notch higher in strength but I haven't had nearly as many. I had a fairly fresh Exodus Silver that nearly knocked me on my butt but it hasn't happend since (yeah, so I'm a MCW:) ). I think the Exodus and Signature are roughly pretty close in strength -- none of those that I've mentioned are going to be as bold as an Antano.

The word is that the Tributes are the strongest but their price is keeping me away. Someone else can help you with these.

There's also the Grand Nicaraguan, cammie wrapped 1916, Dominico bundles, the Brick bundles and Reserva Selecta. I've either had too few or not had any of these to comment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Try the Signature, the 1959 Exodus and the Silver Exodus. All three are what I consider solid medium smokes. I tend to prefer the criollo wrapped silver followed by the Sig. Others swear by the 1959.

You can't go wrong with any of these three.

I'm not sure I consider the 1916 to be medium. It's still a nice stick, with it's own profile. Same with the Tribute. Both are tasty, but a little light of medium.

I have yet to run into a problem with a Torano product that was allowed to stabilize properly in the humi.

Just my opinion

Kevin

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Toranos are great smokes. I have had the Exodus (Gold and Silver), Signature, and 1916. All are good smokes, although I do enjoy the Signature, which is a Brazilian maduro wrapper. I would classify it as medium to medium full. The Exodus Silver is my other fave, with its Corojo wrapper. Some really good flavors come out of this one. I would classify this one as medium/full in strrength. The Toranos are definitely smokes you need to try. They have taken over CAO as some my favorite smokes right now. I would still have to say Padron is the tops. Still lots of smokes to try out there!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Toranos are great smokes. I have had the Exodus (Gold and Silver), Signature, and 1916. All are good smokes, although I do enjoy the Signature, which is a Brazilian maduro wrapper. I would classify it as medium to medium full. The Exodus Silver is my other fave, with its Corojo wrapper. Some really good flavors come out of this one. I would classify this one as medium/full in strrength. The Toranos are definitely smokes you need to try. They have taken over CAO as some my favorite smokes right now. I would still have to say Padron is the tops. Still lots of smokes to try out there!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Toranos

Cant hardly go wrong with this brand, for the most part,excellent across the board. Construction is always good, burn characteristics first rate, flavor profile medium in srength. Just came across a new one that goes in my quick smoke file, kind of a petit corona. Frank B

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just had my first Torano (the 1916 torp) - it was pretty good. I still have a 1959 exodus perfecto im waiting to smoke. It looks great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.