Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow knuckle draggers,

First, Happy New Year! I trust everybody got in some serious puffs in during the holidays.

I'm curious if anybody has run across a good guide(s) of the various tobacco cultivars, production types, and specific growing regions used in cigar production. I've been digging around on-line this morning but not finding a whole lot of info.

On-line resource preferred, but good book refs are welcome. I have yet to sift through Amazon to see what they have.

Any help greatly appreciated,

BD

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts
One place to start might be the Perelmans Pocket Cyclopedia of Havana Cigars. The 2nd section entitled "From Farm to Factory" has a small amount of info. There are also a few videos out there that I know show the growing process. A quick look at the Altadis website might be good too.

Marc

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
A while back "Cultivating A Traditon of Perfection" was floating around and answered this question from a isom perspective. Ask around with some of the isom vendors to see if they can land a copy for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.