Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A pair of pairs this time, All good news cigars.

Oliva Oasis Bold Torpedoe, 6/52

A good strong domestic cigar with a twangy edgy like strength. Unique metallic/nutty type flavor. Excellent draw and slow burning. Nubbable. 8.50

Oliva Oasis Maduro, 6/52

This edges out the Bold just slightly. More rich and luxurious but lacking the twangy thing of the 5 year aged new bold blend. Overall it wins in the nubbing dept. because it is just a bit more refined. A great Maduro. Nubber. 8.88

Padron 1926 Natural, #2, 5.5/52

Ding ding ding, WOW! OK, that is a nice cigar. What is their not to like? This is one of the top 5 best domestic cigars I've smoked. Perfect construction, flavor, draw and it even made the room smell great! Nubbed! 9.1

Padron 1926 Maduro #1 6 & 3/4 by 54

Stop the presses. One of the most beautiful cigars in the world to look at. Velvety dark, dark, rich brown wrapper, interrupted by an occasional shiny oil blotch! This cigar is probably the finest domestic cigar made. I haven't encountered another domestic cigar that has all the things going for it like the 1926. Smooth, rich, full flavor that never overpowers, I detected coffee and roasted nutty tastes yet it also had that great Padron Nicaraguan flavor that all Padrons have, Amazing! Nubba Nubba Doo! 9.5 :w

·
Registered
283 Posts
(reading aloud to myself) "nubba... dubba... "

ahem. Gotsta get me one of those!:p

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
relaxnsmoke said:
Padron 1926 Maduro #1 6 & 3/4 by 54

Stop the presses. One of the most beautiful cigars in the world to look at. Velvety dark, dark, rich brown wrapper, interrupted by an occasional shiny oil blotch! This cigar is probably the finest domestic cigar made. I haven't encountered another domestic cigar that has all the things going for it like the 1926. Smooth, rich, full flavor that never overpowers, I detected coffee and roasted nutty tastes yet it also had that great Padron Nicaraguan flavor that all Padrons have, Amazing! Nubba Nubba Doo! 9.5 :w
I'm with ya. The Padrón 1926's are stunningly good. If you haven't tried one yet, give the #9 a try -- love the size and feel of this smoke.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
thanks for the reviews dave- i like padrons, and they're the only domestic i buy on a regular basis (about 1 box of 3k mads every year or two), but to me they all taste approximately the same (within a class- mad or nat). :w

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.