Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970 "Machito" 4.75/42

This has got to be one of the wildest cigars on the market. Like a carnival ride. Not a finesse smoke, yet extremely interesting. Smacks of strength and flavor. All good, yet unusual at the same time. I've been smoking the JdN Antano line off and on for 6 mos. and I am always amazed at how different this cigar is from all others. The whole line is. The Machita is a good starting point. The larger sizes are much more intense. You will taste chocolate, rich coffee undertones and a very strong toasty kick in each puff. This is a must try. A very interesting cigar. Bordering on greatness! No one competes at this price (they are a steal). They come wet, let them set! I will always have a few on hand. That's a major compliment. Nubable w/ headband!

Perdomo La Tradicion Reserve No. 5, Rosado 6 3/4 by 54

Must of been rolled in Norway. This cigar is square! A very fine smoke. Rich med.strength with a precision draw and burn. Ultimately the price and quick burn time knock my rating points down a bit, but to be fair, if they cost about 30% less, I'd buy em on a reg. basis. A slight nutmeg and spicy flavor increases as you smoke this perfectly rolled box pressed monster, really setting off the rich Nicaraguan leaf. A nice cigar. Nubbed it!

Padron 4000 Natural 6 1/2 by 54

My first experience with this particular Padron size, So I thought I would impart on you the subtle differences from the wildly popular 3000. More is good, a very cool burn with mucho volumes of sweet Nicaraguan leaf smoke. The burn was first rate and the richness developed as it smoked, never even the slightest hint of bitterness. A great finish. A tie with the 3000. Equal but different. I had to nub it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
JdN Antano

Apparently Ahhnold was quoted in a German publication recently as stating that the Joya de Nicaragua is now his favorite smoke. I love the Antanos and think they are perfect with strong sweet coffee after a good steak.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970's are the real deal. I have tried all sizes, they kick ass if you like a stronger cigar. There are a lot of premium cigars out there that charge outrageous prices, but they just hint at what the 1970s offer. IMHO, the best bargain out there. Ssssh;) nuff said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts