Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, So I'm up...this late at night..and i saw the thread below regarding fake cohiba's, so i just wanted to check my bands on Moki's site and CA. Yet, out of all this searching and comparing, i still cant find an answer to my problem or question.

I received 2 different bands from 2 different people (bought from other forums), and I noticed a couple of things. I'm an amateur and do not know what i was looking at. But I saw a difference between the 2 bands. I pulled the bands both off, and compared them side to side. PLEASE give me some feedback or info, which band you think is fake..or if they are both legit. Thanks guys

I noticed the "C" and "O" are somewhat different shapes, or bolded? differently. One of the bands "Cohiba" font seems to be more "coming out at you" while the other is more "sutle". The word on the bottom band "COHIBA" also seem I guess you can say its a tad larger. The coloring on "Habana, Cuba" is one is much bolder, while the other is sutle (thinking this might be due to storage?. and the alignment seems to be off then the other.

close up picture of the "C" and "O", seems like one of the "o" on the inside is oval and the other is more circular?

i dont know if these are messes up in the front, but i checked that both cigars have the triple cap, the font has 3 squares above the cohiba, and 5 squares total.

PLEASE tell me im being paranoid :hn..or ?? Thanks!:tu

·
Registered
469 Posts
They look fine to me, of course the pictures are a tad bit blurry.

Remember that this is Cuba and the press that is producing those bands is probably powered by a mule.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey guys thanks for the help, yes i did take more pics of the smokes. Let me know what you think ! I'm thinking i was up at 3 am doing nothing, and got paranoid haha.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whats that sig picture about?
o hova haha, It's a Partagas 150 Don Ramon edition. Just Something that reminds me of the other good BOTL's and people on CS that helped me get one of my "grails" of cigars. Hoping to smoke it 1 day, on a VERY special occasion, hopefully if I can get another one !

·
Registered
574 Posts
If you're buying singles from other people, it doesn't hurt to ask where they got the cigars from. Bands will only tell half of the picture as the counterfeits are done so good nowadays. If you smoke the real one, the cohiba taste is unmistakeable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts