Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Leaf and Bean Cigar Shop / Coffee House. I am not really impressed with the selection of cigars here but the atmosphere and the people there are great. I'm in the Humidor and not really wanting anthing in there so I decided to try something new.

I grabbed the Trinidad Mini Belicoso. I was a little hesitant of this cigar because of all of the marketing it gets. So I tried one anyway and was I glad. This is a great smoke.

Prelite aroma is a pure tobacco smell. I cut the end of the torpedo and did not get a great cut so I was like awe man this is going to really suck now.

Prelight draw on the other hand was just right similar to a ISOM Monte #2. I lit the cigar with some great matches that the shop put out as a courtesy. After the initial burn taste the cigar became really smooth and had a sort of cuban taste to it but not the same it is hard to say. It is sort of sweet and tangy but not like citrusy or um acidic. It was just a nice flavor. It had a nice aftertaste. I enjoyed this cigar a lot. I am really having trouble describing the taste. I finally nubbed it with an inch left finishing with a slight peanut flavor. I had accompanied this cigar with a large cup the house blend coffee.

When I stood up I had a very slight buzz going on it was a nice experience.

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Re: Tinidad Mini Belicoso

kamikaiguy said:
I... I'm in the Humidor and not really wanting anthing in there so I decided to try something new.

I grabbed the Trinidad Mini Belicoso. ...

Nice review, I'm going to put this on my 'to try' list. What was the price on that stick?

SeanGAR

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

This Cigar was really expensive for the size. It was a 5 x 52 for $10.00?

·
Registered
76 Posts

kamikaiguy said:
This Cigar was really expensive for the size. It was a 5 x 52 for $10.00?
I agree that it is a pricey smoke. I just tried the regular Beli and liked everything about it except the price.

Nice review BTW!

K

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

kamikaiguy said:
I was at the Leaf and Bean Cigar Shop / Coffee House. I am not really impressed with the selection of cigars here but the atmosphere and the people there are great. I'm in the Humidor and not really wanting anthing in there so I decided to try something new.

I grabbed the Trinidad Mini Belicoso. I was a little hesitant of this cigar because of all of the marketing it gets. So I tried one anyway and was I glad. This is a great smoke.

Prelite aroma is a pure tobacco smell. I cut the end of the torpedo and did not get a great cut so I was like awe man this is going to really suck now.

Prelight draw on the other hand was just right similar to a ISOM Monte #2. I lit the cigar with some great matches that the shop put out as a courtesy. After the initial burn taste the cigar became really smooth and had a sort of cuban taste to it but not the same it is hard to say. It is sort of sweet and tangy but not like citrusy or um acidic. It was just a nice flavor. It had a nice aftertaste. I enjoyed this cigar a lot. I am really having trouble describing the taste. I finally nubbed it with an inch left finishing with a slight peanut flavor. I had accompanied this cigar with a large cup the house blend coffee.

Tinidad produces some of the best medium-full cigars around. Great review!

Wish they would come down in price...

;)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Adam
The Leaf and Bean is in Mcmurray. If you go out rt. 88 then make a right on Conner Rd. Then a left on Rt 19. Then follow it untill you get to crossgate commons. The Leaf and Bean is in the plaza by Brueggers Bagels. If you would like to go drop me a line, I can meet you somewhere and you can follow me out.

G

·

I recently had the regular trini torp from the JR magazine sampler. I Did not expect to enjoy it, But it was a treat with loads of smoke, excellent construction and a medium bodied spicy taste. I am on the look out for more. But probably just a few they are pricey buggers. :w

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.