Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just smoked a Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta torpedo this afternoon and I was quite irate with it how it went. When I cut the end it was so solidly packed it looked like a cork top. The draw was so difficult I did not enjoy one minute of the smoke. I made a total of 4 cuts in hope that it would be a little looser further in, but to no avail. My mouth was actualy getting sore trying to draw and I got such a pittiful amount of smoke for the work. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem with this Cigar, I am about to send a strongly worded email to the company if my next one is in any way simillar. Torano is one of my goto Cigars and I find this quite disstressing!!
:sb

Smoke Out!

·
-
11,412 Posts
most call that the 'NEVA SELECTA".
i've had a few, and my buddy thinks they're great... he gave me one, i smoked it when he wasn't around and tossed it halfway through. i couldn't take it.

now, the 1959s are very good, especially the gold label.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I am a big fan of the Exodus 59's (gold and silver), my father turned me on to those (that is when he left Cuba), and the 1916's are good too. I hope the one I smoked was a fluke, I always give a Cigar two chances...after that--it's out if it doesn't make it!

Smoke Out!

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
I was not impressed with the Res Sel (nat). Its construction was fine, but lacked flavor. I have a maduro waiting in the humi now.

I am a big fan of the 59s and 16s though. Have smoked many and no construction problems yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Torano

Steve,

I'm a huge Torano fan and have yet to encounter your problem with a Torano stick. I know it happens and I'm sure sooner or later I'll run it to myself. I've experienced plugged cigars before with AF and PAMS but it is generally a fluke in my opinion. I've yet to have to bad draws in a row. Hope you don't find the same !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.